New Every Two
EKing10
I am eligible for New Every Two on June 17, 2009.  I will be out of town and there are no verizon wireless stores where I'm going.  At first I was going to get the LG Env 2 which I could get for free, but after looking at the LG Env 3, I think I might get that one.  My question is if I upgrade my phone before June 17 will that affect my New Every Two and if so how will it affect it?  I have only had Verizon for almost two years now and I haven't upgraded before so I don't know which is better:  upgrading online or going into the store.  Is one better than the other??  Are the online promotions only online or are they in store too?  Thanks -
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Every Two
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome!   Well, upgrading with NE2 used to be something you could only do after two solid years.   However, in recent years they opened a much wider window where you can utilize your NE2 up to four (4) months in advance of your solid NE2 date.   So you probably have been NE2 eligible for the last few months and didn't realize it.

So YES . . . you should be able to do your update right now.   So long as you are within that four (4) month NE2 eligible window you can do the updgrade.   Whatever date you chose to do that upgrade within that window establishes the new NE2 date for the next upgrade in two years.

So if you did it today (6/13/09) then your next NE2 date would be 6/13/11 and you'd be eligible to upgrade again anytime within four months prior to that date (2/13/11 to 6/13/11).

Doing so Online or In-Store is the same process.   However, there are often Online promotional offers that are not found in the store, so it's a good idea to keep an eye on the Online sales.   So the advantages in doing so Online can be better prices, but doing so In-Store gives you actual hands on feel of the phone.   A lot of people get their tactile feel of the device at the store and then tell the store manager if they want your money they'll have to match the Online price :smileyhappy:.    Sometimes it works . . . sometimes it don't :smileyhappy:.

dancingphone.gif

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome!   Well, upgrading with NE2 used to be something you could only do after two solid years.   However, in recent years they opened a much wider window where you can utilize your NE2 up to four (4) months in advance of your solid NE2 date.   So you probably have been NE2 eligible for the last few months and didn't realize it.

So YES . . . you should be able to do your update right now.   So long as you are within that four (4) month NE2 eligible window you can do the updgrade.   Whatever date you chose to do that upgrade within that window establishes the new NE2 date for the next upgrade in two years.

So if you did it today (6/13/09) then your next NE2 date would be 6/13/11 and you'd be eligible to upgrade again anytime within four months prior to that date (2/13/11 to 6/13/11).

Doing so Online or In-Store is the same process.   However, there are often Online promotional offers that are not found in the store, so it's a good idea to keep an eye on the Online sales.   So the advantages in doing so Online can be better prices, but doing so In-Store gives you actual hands on feel of the phone.   A lot of people get their tactile feel of the device at the store and then tell the store manager if they want your money they'll have to match the Online price :smileyhappy:.    Sometimes it works . . . sometimes it don't :smileyhappy:.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

hey e,

online right now the LG enV3 is $79.99 online with the instant rebate. Make sure if you go into the store and play with the phone that you DONT pay more than $79.99 for it.

Also if you happen to get the phone and dont like it for some reason, you have 3 DAYS  to return to the store/exchange it where you dont have to pay the $35 re-stocking fee.

have fun!

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Message Edited by DarkCobra on 06-13-2009 04:12 PM
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
Message Edited by DarkCobra on 06-13-2009 04:12 PM
0 Likes