New Every Two Question
gorthjr

This question has probably been asked numerous times, but for some reason I can't find the answer anywhere.

I signed up for Verizon in Feb 2010 and my 2-yr contract just came to an end, so I was assuming that I was getting a new phone, since that is how Verizon was for a long time, and """"That is how they were when I signed up"""" But come to find out it only shows that i get a 30$ discount off of a new 2 year contract price phone.

I would assume that this NEW "New Every Two" plan only applied for people that signed up after it began, which based on my research was Jan 2011.

So my question is, Is there anyway I am Still Entitled to my new free phone since I signed up before Verizon changed? or am i only stuck with this 30$ discount

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Every Two Question
budone
Legend

New Every Two, NEVER meant a NEW FREE Every Two. That being said, there are phones you can get that are free. They are what they were a few years ago......basic phones.

If you want an iPhone or something, then you get a discounted/subsidized price then an add'l $30 off.

The credits were reduced I think nearly 4 years ago.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

George Ortho, this is a great question because knowing what your qualified to receive will assist in choosing the best phone for your needs with the best price. Budone is correct, the New-Every-Two program has changed over the years. The discounted amount depended on the amount you were paying for your primary line.

If you were enrolled in this program between 02/05/2006 through 02/14/2009 and paid between 34.99-79.98 you would get up to $50.00 off the cost of a new handset with your New Every Two discount. If you paid $79.98 or higher, you would get up to $100.00 off the cost of a new handset with the New Every Two program

If you were enrolled in this program between 02/14/2009 through 01/16/2011 and paid between 34.99-79.98 you would get $30.00 off the cost of a new handset with your New Every Two discount. If you paid $79.98 or higher, you would get up to $50.00 off the cost of a new handset with the New Every Two program.

I hope this information was helpful and that you find a great phone that meets all your needs. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

To add to this, your $30 discount has an expiration date attached to since the NE2 program is now retired.

The discount expires six months after you became eligible for an upgrade. If you signed up for your last contract in February 2010, then you were eligible for an upgrade at your twenty month point. Which if I do the calculations correctly was October 2011 and the discount would expire in April 2012.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gorthjr

Ugh, thank you for the info. Looks like I'm settling for the x2 instead of the razor 😞

0 Likes
AZRACINGFAN

Sorry to see you have to 'settle' George.....not to be retorical, but can't Verizon do anything for you to sweeten the pot?  I mean, I would think they 'want' you in a new, big, bad phone....but you know what when we assume.    I know they might not be willing though.  I just called Verizon as my spouse's smartphone is eligible to upgrade and she saw the Razr Maxx "buy one, get one free" so we thought she could buy it, and get the 2nd one for me (so I could replace my Droid X.....which hasn't been the same since the 2.3.4 update back in October).  Anyway, they said 'yes' and the Agent was taking the order, getting all the information and then she stopped what she was doing and had to put us on hold.  She came back on and took the deal off the table and said we could not take advantage of the BOGOF.  My wife was not happy (she'll get over it) but, my point is that maybe Verizon isn't willing to sweeten pot's to keep people/customers happy'ier?  Maybe they don't have to?  If you haven't done so, please call them and see what they can do, as I'm sure they want to keep all their current (recurring revenue) customers satisfied.  Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need two lines eligible to take advantage of the BOGO deal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You can not take advantage of BOGO unless BOTH lines are eligible for upgrades. Or you add a line. You do not get a phone for nothing in return......

0 Likes
AZRACINGFAN

Yeah, I called them back myself after my spouse spoke to them and they told me the same.  I think they really wanted to do more but my upgrade date isn't for another 3.5 months away.....which is ok, I'll get her the Rezound and I'll see if the Samsung Journal is still coming to Verizon.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes