Re: New Data Requirement!
Dukez

Wish I would have read this before I created my thread.

I'm with you all.  Been a loyal verizon customer for 8 years.  Didn't mind paying a bit more that I would with another carrier, because there have been times where my verizon phone was the only one that had service.  I have a "grandfathered" premium plan.  In order to upgrade to one of nicer smartphones, I have to give up my plan, pay an additional $10 and have less services.  The nicest thing I can upgrade to is the LG Envy Touch.  No thanks.  There are better phones out there, with better options.

Get a clue Verizon.  Stop forcing these data plans on your customers who have no need or desire for them.

0 Likes
shizzyk

I specifically chose Verizon several years ago because they were truly the one service provider that didn't take advantage of their customers. I felt like they really cared about providing customized services to fit their consumers needs.

Now I feel downright taken advantage of and violated with the new data requirement that I don't use!

So I guess I'll be throwing away $9.99 for the next several months until my contract runs out and move to a different provider.  Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
WXGUY

Amen!  VZW has announced that they will probably go to a tiered data plan in 4-6 months, similar to AT&T.  I expect the rates to be even less favorable than theirs.

0 Likes
victim1977

I don't understand why can't Verizon simply block data usage from phones unless the customers signs up for a data package. Wouldn't that be the better way to go? Verizon says the are requiring data packages to avoid customers getting hit with unexpected charges. If they simply block that feature then no unexpected charges. I am pretty sure no one would complain about that. But crazy Verizon thinks it would be better just to slap a required charge for a feature. Last I checked a feature was optional wasn't it? You buy a car and the navigation system is a feature if you want it you pay for it, if you don't want it you don't get it and don't pay for it.

0 Likes
Agentmanremjr

>Post deleted for cross posting in multiple areas<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes