New Bill layout for children
MY_VERIZON

I am putting this here because I cannot determine how to send an email to Verizon directly. Perhaps someone who is smarter than a 5th grader, at Verizon, will read this. I believe their new bill layout looks like something designed by children for children. Its nice and pretty with lots of colors and stuff. I print the first page of my bill to save for tax purposes. The old format would list the items and the TOTAL Current charges for the month on the 1st page. That was the only page that I needed to print. It was simple, direct, to the point, and in black and white so as not to waste color ink. Perhaps Verizon should have 2 print options. One for normal and sane business people and one for the kids who like pretty pictures.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Bill layout for children
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

Why don't you click the Print Bill (PDF) link and print the first page of that for your tax records?  It is in exactly the same format that you would receive in the mail.

print.png

print2.png

MY_VERIZON

I always do a "Print bill (PDF)" and select 1 page to print. I print to a PDF file to store it on my computer (with lots of backups). Since I do as much as I can electronically, I get very few bills in the USPS mail. I have no idea of what those bills will look like. I get email notifications instead. With some bills, I pay for a few months in advance so that I do not need to deal with them every month. Which is why I am just now attempting to save the bills to my computer.

If I go back a few months, yes it does look exactly like you indicate. Do you work for Verizon? Unless you have some magic on your link or you deliberately went back a few months to confuse people, my latest attempt to print my 1st page of the bill looks like the image that I have enclosed. I have removed personal information from the image.

Verizon 2016 10 26.png

0 Likes
ruthw_vzw
Verizon Employee

MY.VERIZON

I certainly want to ensure you have all the right details for your tax records! Did you know you can view your payment history report on My Verizon? This is often very helpful to have on file. To view this, sign in to My Verizon and hover over "My Billing" and select "Payment History". Here, you'll be able to select the dates and format you wish you view the report in.

RuthW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
diagoro
Contributor - Level 1

I was checking here with a similar thought. Odd how Verizon (and all companies these days) tout paperless billing to "save the planet". And yet, they come out with a new bill that is the counterpart to the 'big number remotes' for the elderly.

My bill is five pages, and could have easily been three or less.

To

0 Likes
alchemista2

I have the same exact concern. I really need the "Total Current Charges" line. It is the most sensible subtotal of all the bill because you can easily point to charges this month irregardless of how many credits or pre-payments you have on your account.

I talked with a Verizon CSR who kept telling me you could get the same information - but I finally was able to show her that there is no subtotal that matches "Total Current Charges" on the old bill format.

You need to add up several lines on the new bill to produce that.

My concern is submitting bills for reimbursement from my company. My company expense report checkers aren't going to add up multiple lines, and quickly get confused when I have pre-paid part of my bill.

With the "Total Current Charges" subtotal, I was able to simply circle that line and make it easy for everyone.

Note - you can get this information in 2 places but not on the bill. When you are on View Bill page, if you click "see balance details" it will have a very simple summation, and show "December charges:" that is the same as the old "Total Current Charges". Also, in the pretty bar chart on that page, you will see the current charges under the December month. But this is not on the actual bill itself! Smiley Sad

Help! Please bring back that subtotal.

MY.VERIZON

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

alchemista2 wrote:

I have the same exact concern. I really need the "Total Current Charges" line. It is the most sensible subtotal of all the bill because you can easily point to charges this month irregardless of how many credits or pre-payments you have on your account.

As I and MANY have always said, simply look at the PDF version of the bill. That bill STILL has the "Total Current Charges" line on it. That bill has the most information. If you want to submit your bill for reimbursement, that bill is the way to go. It gives clear concise information about all lines on your account and your data cost.

Untitled-1.jpg

alchemista2

Ok I see your problem. You are posting the old bill format still. You must not have gotten your latest bill with the new format. The format you sent is not the format of the new bill format that we are complaining about.

I always view the PDF. Your date due of 12/10/16 implies that was your October bill, not your November. You will see what we are talking about when you get the new bill (the new one has a bunch of colored circles everywhere).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A bill due on 12/10 is from the November bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

alchemista2 wrote:

Ok I see your problem. You are posting the old bill format still. You must not have gotten your latest bill with the new format. The format you sent is not the format of the new bill format that we are complaining about.

I always view the PDF. Your date due of 12/10/16 implies that was your October bill, not your November.

This is for a bill closing date of 11/15 covering service from 11/16 thru 12/15, so this IS my November bill I received on or around 11/19. My next bill closing date is 12/15 covering service from 12/16 thru 1/15 and I should receive that DECEMBER bill on or around 12/19. I will let you know if my DECEMBER bill format changes any.

0 Likes