Re: New Agent Assist fee for making a payment arrangement over the phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dasha444 wrote:

ok so i just left the Verizon store after looking at possilbe new phones after mine died.  I was ready to purchase one, and then the salesperson said there was a $40 'helping' fee for his service     ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!  IS THIS REALLY TRUE???  Needless to say I didn't get the phone but went home and took some Tylenol.  Now to look into switching to Sprint

That is the upgrade fee. A version of the upgrade fee has been in place since April 2012. Currently, it is $40 for in store purchases. The upgrade fee is $20 when purchasing online on the Verizon Wireless website. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
beccabl

I do not understand the justification behind the $7 agent assist fee.  Do your agent's only get paid if they answer a question or why would you want to charge customers for customer service?

I understand that things can be done online much simpler and quicker but the fact is that you have a large percentage of elderly customers who simply aren't tech-savvy.  I am currently dealing with an issue where my elderly father has gotten behind on his bill and wanted to talk to an actual person about his options.  Each time he calls, he says he is being charged $7 to talk to a live person.  He is not able to go to the store due to COVID concerns and simply needs to make arrangements and get clarification over the phone.  I realize he shouldn't have gotten behind but life happens and with my mother being sick, he let a few things slip.  He's already on a limited income and you are wanting to charge him $7 just for trying to pay you???    You are charging him $7 because he can't use the internet and he can't go into your store.  I find this fee rather discriminatory and from a service standpoint, absolutely appalling.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes