Network Extender doesn't work??
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

My network extender failed to work after I changed from a post-paid plan to a pre-paid plan.  I've since been told that network extenders only work with post-paid plans, and I will have to purchase another device to get a signal in my house!  My network extender is only two months old! 

Conveniently for Verizon, nobody told me this information when I asked about the differences (on several different occasions on the phone and in person) before I decided to switch from post-paid to pre-paid.  I had an old grandfathered unlimited data plan...which is obviously why I was told "everything will be the same except for your data allowance"...which equals Verizon will tell its customers anything to get them off an unlimited data plan.  I wasn't even a heavy data user--I averaged 1 GB a month or less.  Changing to one of the current post-paid plans would cost me about as much as what I was paying for my unlimited data plan because I had a wonderful plan.  I let it go because of the faulty information Verizon reps give out...you get a different answer from each person you talk to.  So much for my loyalty to Verizon...I was a customer for over 15 years on my own, and on my parents plan before that while I was still in college.  Unfortunately, when you are tied to VZW service based on where you live you have to play by their rules.  Any suggestions while I wait for AT&T or Sprint to get better coverage in my area? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender doesn't work??
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

How long have you been on pre-paid? Many times within a month, an account change can be undone if you plea a case with Customer Service and submit a request for inactive pricing. The Unlimited Data codes can still be provisioned but the agents are strongly recommended against doing that. I believe the request for inactive pricing may also only apply for those who get a subsidized phone versus a phone on the device payment plan, and then suffer from buyer's remorse. But it's a worthwhile try if you're willing to go back to Postpaid.

But RIP to that unlimited data. That is the most valuable phone plan in the US at the moment because you can't buy it, they are becoming increasingly rare, and there's no throttling or worry about data caps due to both the plan, and FCC Regulation. AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile sell unlimited data... but there's de-prioritization, and with AT&T you're paying a mad amount of money for DirecTV / U-Verse TV + the per-line unlimited data fee.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The inactive pricing request can only be submitted within 14 days of the change from the old plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm upset that Verizon failed to provide me with the necessary information prior to dropping my plan.  I'm not asking to switch back to my unlimited plan.  I didn't use it anyway--I was averaging 1 GB data/month or less.  I know that will never happen anyway--Verizon wanted everybody off of those which is why they increased the price $20/month back in November. 

What I want to know is why don't Network Extenders work with a pre-paid plan?  That should be an easy override on Verizon's part...that really has nothing to do with pre-paid vs. post-paid.  An even if it isn't, Verizon should be willing to help me out by sending me whatever the other device is that is needed to work in the same way the network extender does, instead of just saying I'll need to purchase it. 

To answer your question, this is the 2nd month I've been on pre-paid.  I don't care about subsidized phones or otherwise--I can purchase a phone outright without having to have it subsidized.  I care 10 times more about the plan features and the customer service...which Verizon is obviously severely lacking.

0 Likes
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I take it Verizon employees are avoiding this topic?  One would think a week would be more than enough time for an employee to respond. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mostly a Peer to Peer forum. Answers from a Verizon employee are not guaranteed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The VZW reps that roam this community forum probably won't be able to assist anyway since can only account postpaid accounts and not the prepaid accounts.

One possible reason is a network extender has to be registered to the MyVerizon account of the account owner to a postpaid account. The prepaid customers are likely to not have this option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well at this point.....you've complained about the different answers you have received from customer service but want those same reps to answer here. Also you now will be routed to prepay unless you switch back. Perhaps if you don't wanna do that you call sell your extender and use that money towards something that will work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frustratedV customer-

Your loyalty with Verizon has not gone unnoticed. We are so grateful for your 15 years of loyalty, and we would certainly be heartbroken if you broke up with us. Given the issue, I'm sure that we can still come up with a reasonable resolution to the concerns that you are facing. I do recommend reaching out with our prepaid department to have them put another set of eyes on the situation. They can be reached at: 888-294-6804.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
appgrad99
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've already contacted Verizon before posting here.  It was a waste of about 3 hours. 

0 Likes