Need your help with refund
YOON07
Enthusiast - Level 1

Basically, when there was a second recall for the Note 7, the Verizon store that I walked into told me that I will have to purchase a new phone and then they will refund the full amount of Note 7 back to my credit card (they said that they can't just calculate the differences). So I bought the Samsung S7 (regular, not the edge) and returned the Note 7 on October 13, 2016; however, I still have not received my refund. I only got less than $100 on the day I returned Note 7 to get regular S7. So I've been visiting the location where I returned the phone, but all they can say is wait and it will be applied back to my credit card. When I call the customer service I have to talk to them at least 40 minutes and at one time I was on the phone with them 1 hour and 40 minutes and nothing happened. This issue has not been resolved even after 4 weeks and a day.

I cropped my credit card statement to show and explain what happened.

Aug 25 - Note 7 Purchase.JPG

This is when I bought the Note 7. There was no tax with this purchase because I bought it while I was traveling in Oregon, where there is no sales tax. Below calculations are without the $20 that Verizon charged for the activation fee.

Calculation:

Paid: $864.00 (Aug 25)

Total: $864.00

Sept 13 - Note 7 to S7 Edge.JPG

This is when I exchanged the Note 7 to S7 Edge when the first recall happened. Verizon refunded me back $0.72 because the amount of Note7 without tax was higher compared to S7 Edge with tax.

Calculation:

Total paid $864.00 - $0.72 = $863.28 for S7 Edge (Sept 13)

Sep 22 - Exchange to new Note 7 Tax Charges (after 1st recall).JPG

This is when I switched back to Note 7 from S7 Edge because the new Note 7 was approved. The $78.48 is the tax applied to Note 7 because I made the switch in California where there is sales tax unlike in Oregon when I first made Note 7 purchase.

Calculation:

Total paid $863.28 + $78.48 = $941.76 for Note 7 (Sept 22)

Oct 13 - Bought S7 at Full Retail price Verizon only refunds Less than 100 Bucks.JPG

This is when the second recall happened and I had to return the Note 7 again and this time I bought a regular S7 (cheaper than S7 Edge) at $725.26. This is when they told me not they can't just refund the difference and I had to actually purchase the new phone at full retail price and they will refund the full retail price of Note 7. But I only received a total refund of $98.48.

Calculation:

Total Paid $941.76 + $725.26 - $98.48 = $1,568.54 for regular S7 on October 13, 2016.

This is the receipt I got from the location where I refunded the Note 7 and bought the S7. They made 4 different transactions all, with different amounts. On top of the receipt is the amount that they told me that it will be credited back to my credit card, which is $941.76. The calculation for what needs to be refunded back to me:

$1,568.54 (Total paid up to October 13th) - $725.26 (Price of S7 I bought) = $843.28

$843.25 is the amount that Verizon needs to refund back to me, but they kept giving me a run-around and the refund has been delayed every time. The customer service rep I've emailing is now ignoring my emails and when I call the rep is keep telling different stories on how they do not have a record of me a) ever purchasing the Note 7, telling me that I never paid for it b) ever purchasing S7, that I never paid for it. Which is ridiculous for a multi-billion dollar company to not have the payment records when obviously they charged me these amounts. Also, when I asked them to waive my late fee (because I can't pay my monthly payment unless I receive the refund) they still have not waived it even after 2 weeks of me asking for the waiver.

So I would like some help from people and customer rep from this forum so that I can:

1) get my money ($843.28) back

2) waive the late fee

I know this was a long post to read; however, I really need help. I have been a loyal customer to Verizon and this is not acceptable and it shows that their operation process is very questionable.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Need your help with refund
pherson
Champion - Level 1

To be honest, I'm not following a few things.

There's way too much stuff going on here.

Did you pay for two notes and two s7's? Or just one note and two s7's?

Why was there a purchase of the fist s7 to begin with? They were supposed to be offering loaners.

Next Where is the refund for the first s7? Did you return it within the 14 days?

Next, the refund for the note as listed in the press release is one to two bill cycles.

In my eyes I realistically only see a refund for the one note and the one s7 device.If you've gotten one you haave to wait in the other. i can definitely see why it's confusing.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And I don't see the late fee being waived. Their argument? You paid willingly for the phones and a due date is a due date. Can't fault them on that one

0 Likes
YOON07
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the end, I bought the regular S7. I Had to switch phones (Note 7) twice because there were two recalls. When the first recall happened, we still needed to "pay" for the loaner until the Note 7 was approved (Note 7 being the more expensive device than other loaners we got a refund for differentiated amount). So when the first recall happened, I returned the Note 7 and got S7 Edge, a loaner phone, and received the correct refund amount. When the Note 7 was approved to be on sale again, I switched back to Note 7 and returned S7 Edge, at this time I had to pay extra because of the price difference between S7 and Note 7, paid the total of $941.76 for Note 7. When the second recall happened, I returned the Note 7 to get the regular S7; however, Verizon told me that I will have to pay the full retail price of S7 ($725.26 with tax) and they will refund $941.76 for the returned Note 7. But I only received $98.48 of the $941.76. Which is short of $843.28.

In the end, it's as if I paid $1,568.54 for a regular S7 since I did not receive a refund for the Note 7 that I returned.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I'm not trying to sound a certain way here but you bought 4 phones? 2 notes two edges now just one phone left?

0 Likes
YOON07
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not trying to sound a certain way here either, but where in the post did I say I purchased without returning? I always used "switched", "returned and got" phrases.

In the end, I bought the regular S7. I Had to switch phones (Note 7) twice because there were two recalls. When the first recall happened, we still needed to "pay" for the loaner until the Note 7 was approved (Note 7 being the more expensive device than other loaners we got a refund for the differentiated amount, 2nd picture). So when the first recall happened, I returned the Note 7 and got S7 Edge, a loaner phone, and received the correct refund amount. When the Note 7 was approved to be on sale again, I switched back to Note 7 and returned S7 Edge, at this time I had to pay extra because of the price difference between S7 Edge and Note 7, paid the total of $941.76 for Note 7 ($864 when I first purchased Note 7, 1st picture - $0.72 amount credited back to me for switching from Note 7 to S7 Edge-Loaner, 2nd picture + $78.48 charged to my card for returning the S7 Edge-Loaner, to get Note 7, 3rd picture). When the second recall happened, I returned the Note 7 to get the regular S7 (current phone I am using, this is not a loaner because Note 7 will not be allowed to be sold anymore); however, Verizon told me that I will have to pay the full retail price of S7 (paid $725.26 with tax, 4th picture) and they will refund $941.76 for the returned, second time returning, Note 7. But I only received $98.48 (shown in the 4th picture with minus sign) of the $941.76. Which is short of $843.28.

In the end, it's as if I paid $1,568.54 for a regular S7 (short refund of $843.28 + the purchase made for regular S7) since I did not receive a full refund for the Note 7 that I returned.

As for the late fee being waived, the customer service rep told me that they will waive it because I didn't get the refund (got an email to prove it), but my frustration is that even after I emailed the rep about how I didn't receive the refund and the waiver, she started to ignore me. So when I tried to call the customer service again, they expect me to explain the whole thing again with them and I have to wait every time they have to "check" the record and telling me that I have to wait.

I know I have to pay the late fee because I didn't make the payment on time, but I only missed the payment because Verizon didn't refund me the full amount of $941.76 when supposed to. I do not have extra $900 dollars laying around. Also, do you why is it that we, the consumer, can't charge Verizon for not making the refund on time? It has been almost 1 month since I returned the Note 7 and I still don't see a refund on my credit card.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And you're not going to. Already explained that.

I would have NEVER bought 4 different phones and expected a speedy remedy. I'm this case it's self inflicted. They have to verify that everything is correct. This isn't a black and white issue.

0 Likes