Need to be able to block area codes or allow only from specific ones
MikeGordon
Enthusiast - Level 1

One of my numbers is receiving calls from several soliciters from Oregon, and all are robo dialing applications that you cannot ask to be removed from.  Since, I don't know anyone from Oregon, I would like to block the whole area code.

I am also on the do not call list, which apparently does not work.  And this is a wireless phone number being solicited.

I consider this is a serious privacy issue. 

Entering numbers one at a time will not work, and I'm afraid the default limits of 90 days and 10 callers is poor customer service on Verizon's behalf.  I know, I can double that number for a mere 4.99 a month (sarcasm).  Seems like Verizon is profiting off illegal phone scams if you ask me.

Labels (1)
Re: Need to be able to block area codes or allow only from specific ones
verbiageimpaired
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  Blocking an entire area code would be useful.  Perhaps if enough users make the request, we can make it happen.  The most recent round of political surveys are the ones irritating me.

Re: Need to be able to block area codes or allow only from specific ones
CW_Customer
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is it with phone companies? Since the days of Ma Bell and AT&T they have consistantly the very worse in customer service.

Your request to block an entire area code is exactly what is needed to stop all these telemarketing calls from scum who refuse to honor the do not call list. I am computer programmer, it would be very easy to accomplish a block such as this yet Verizon does not seem to offer this.

I get up to  3 a day sometimes from area code 503 on either credit card rates or home security. I am tempted to claim to want the home security product just to get one of them at my door and let them see my .357 home security system while I call the police.

This is harassment pure and simple yet the phone companies seem to keep selling lines to these vermin and ignoring those of us paying exorbitant monthly fees.