Need some help
doctorkillgasm

My sister recently gave me her phone since she moved to africa for a year, and its still under verizon service. Its a pink razor thats in pretty bad condition.the phone is under  the bare minimum plan, 39.99 a month, no texting or anything. So what i would like to know is if i can add on to that line for 1 or 2 more phones for a family plan and add texting, or do i have to wait till the contract expires. There's still over a year in the current contract, so i dont really want to wait for it to finish. Also if i were to purchase a new phone would i have to pay the two year contract price or the retail price? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would go to a verizon store myself, but i would like to some things before hand going there.

Sorry if this is in the wrong board, in new to forums

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Need some help
lowrance
Contributor - Level 2
she would have to unless  you were to assume liability  over her contract
0 Likes
Re: Need some help
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Lowrance is right . . . you can't change any of the terms of her contract (delete it or add to it) unless she contacts Verizon and agrees to relinquish her rights to you and you agree to assume liability for her line.   She left you the phone but did you also agree (privately of course) with her to pay her line until the contract end?   I ask this because technically SHE is responsible for that line, not you.   However, if part of the deal of accepting the phone was your promise to keep the line then keeping that line is honestly what you should do and I have a feeling you'll do the right thing regarding that.

To answer the second half of your question . . . you can start your own contract with the new phone of your choice and the two year contract price anytime you want.   But it sounds like you're trying to create a family plan by merging her remaining line with your new line and for that you will need her to contact Verizon as stated above.

0 Likes