Name on Outgoing Calls
kenhww

I have an issue with one device on my account. Outgoing calls from that one phone display the wrong name (a name not from my account at all) on other people's Caller ID. The two other phones on my account do not have this problem.

The phone having the problem is a Moto G7 that was an unlocked phone added to the account. Perhaps becuase of this IT IS NOT ABLE TO USE THE SHARE ID SERVICE.

I highlight this because everything on the site and in the automated tech support service provides Share ID as the only answer to this problem. However, while I can set a Share ID on my two other phones (bought through Verizon, an iPhone and a Galaxy) I cannot set a Share ID on the unlocked Moto phone. 

With that seemingly not an option, how can I fix the outgoing name to at least simply read the number so it is not confusing the people we are calling?

0 Likes
Re: Name on Outgoing Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenhww,

I certainly understand why you'd want people who you call to know who is calling. That is my preference as well. We want to make sure you find the best solution here. In this case though that is Share Name ID which you can read about at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/share-name-id-faqs/ . That is the only option that changes this. In some cases though phones which aren't made to be used with our network don't work with some of our systems. In those cases there isn't always an alternative option to do what those systems do. We want to do all we can to help you find a solution though. Do you by any chance have a Verizon Wireless phone you could temporarily activate on that line to enable you to set up Share Name ID?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
kenhww

Thank you, but I'm not quite sure what you are suggesting. I have two other phones on our Verizon wireless account. Are you suggesting using one of those or do you mean an extra phone that is not currently activated?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, kenhww. Do you by chance have another Verizon device? Also, what steps have you taken to add the Share Name ID feature to your phone? Please follow the instructions in #3 here and let me know what happens: http://spr.ly/66031JvFf.  EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
kenhww

Yes, I have added ShareID to the account, and it is up and working on two phones on our account. The third phone, when I attempt to use ShareID, tells me that ShareID is not supported on that device. It may be because of the brand, Motorola, or because it was an unlocked device that I added to my account. I am wondering if there is, A, some way to use ShareID on it anyway, or B, some way to correct the name on the phone number without ShareID. I do have two other Verizon phones. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize this is still ongoing. I had a chance to review the previous threads and I see the correct answer had already been provided on 09/12/19. I show we advised, in some cases though phones which aren't made to be used with our network don't work with some of our systems. In those cases there isn't always an alternative option to do what those systems do. I hope this helps to solve your concern.

VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes