My verizon account was hacked!!!!! Fraud dept. not helping!!
Zonaya

I've been on phone for hours who do I contact?! Tried fraud dept on hold for hours !!! Don't know what else to do

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My verizon account was hacked!!!!! Fraud dept. not helping!!
budone
Legend

That is your only recourse

0 Likes
Not applicable

How was your account hacked? What did they do to your account? How did they get your personal information? It has to be someone you know. Call 611 or 800-922-0204 and have customer service assist you for now. change your access code for your account, change your telephone number, place a fraud alert hold on your account. But be 100% certain that your account was accessed without your consent.

Good Luck

0 Likes
sspradling

My account was hacked through verizonwireless.com.  The Fraud department was aware there was fraudulent activity, but didn't notify us.  The only way we found out was emails stating we were unenrolled on the website and that a payment had been posted against our account started coming in.

We have a passcode set-up on our account along with a password, not sure how this information was obtain.  VERIZON hasn't contacted us and we are staying on hold for the FRAUD department for hours on end.

This is the worst customer service ever!! 

0 Likes
JudyTar26
Enthusiast - Level 1

My verizon wireless account was hacked 2 times in the past 2 months, despite me changing my password several times.  If Verizon spent half as much time working on their system security that they do on listening to their customers calls and turning the info over to the government, this wouldnt be happening. Today, again, my account was hacked and someone ordered an Iphone on my account.  I asked a policeman friend of mine why they would do this, since the phone would have gone to my home, and he said there might be people working for Verizon that are in cahoots with Fedex and they deliver the phone, the hacker goes to your house and steals the package before you get home from work.  Luckily I monitor my email religiously so I saw the notification that I was getting a phone shipped.  I immediately called Verizon and they were so complacent about it, as if it happens every day, which is probably does.  They unregisted my account and I created a new one.  They then sent me a text message to reject the delivery which I did.  However, when I login to my new verizon account, I still get a message that I have an unactivated phone.   Will this ever come off?  I guess I will have to spend another half hour on the phone when I get home to find that out because I didnt realize to ask.  Verizon needs to pay more so they can get a better quality customer service person, as they are so slow and you cant understand what they say, and they are Americans!! (heavy southern accents).   I told the rep that if it happens again I am cancelling my account with them and moving to another carrier.  If they DARE to charge me an exit fee, I will report it to the NYS Attorney generals office and the public service commission.  Again, if they spent more time on website security and less time on spying, we wouldnt have these problems

sallmon

I suggest that you ask Verizon to block your account from ANY purchases and to not allow your account to be used as a credit card. This  happened to me when someone purchased 2 top of the line IPADS to be shipped to another state than where I live and charged it to my account. I didn't find out till I saw my bill which automatically takes the payment from my checking account. I then had to show Verizon proof from my bank account before they reimbursed me!

0 Likes