My iPhone 6 Plus won't activate on the network
geekeurism

So, I'm switching from AT&T to Verizon. I ordered three new phones, each on the Edge plan. So I had to place three separate orders with Verizon Wireless online. The first one came immediately since it was an iPhone 5C. I set that up and ported the number over with no trouble. Then my iPhone 6 Plus arrived and it wouldn't activate. Verizon customer service told me I needed to wait for the remaining phone, an iPhone 6, to arrive to get everything in order. That one had already shipped so I waited for it to be delivered. I activated that one and ported the number over just fine. Nobody could explain why my iPhone 6 Plus still wouldn't activate so I went to my local Verizon corporate store. They couldn't figure it out either and they had to call around to different departments at Verizon before an IT ticket was finally generated. My only point of contact about this ticket right now is the representative at that store. I emailed him a day later and he said they still hadn't sorted it out and he would let me know as soon as he knew. It's been another day or so since that. So since I received my phone it's now been a week without having it activated.

I'm just trying to terminate with AT&T as soon as I can and move completely over to Verizon so I'm not paying two wireless bills. I'm a little worried that maybe I made the wrong choice switching to Verizon. So far my experience has been that I keep getting handed off from one number or person to another and I'm not getting a clear answer as to when my phone will work. I also need to get these three accounts merged together so I don't receive three separate bills. I'm getting frustrated with the process to say the least.

Has anyone else experienced activation issues? How did you get them resolved? Is there a directly line or path through the Verizon phone system that will get me to someone who can fix this problem and get me on my way?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes