My experience with Verizon - Horrible - here's why
trev979

I had been a customer with Verizon Wireless since 2008.  During my time as a customer, service was just ok but I always had service at my home (home office) and at my corporate office.  Two of the most important places I needed service. That was until November of 2013 when service at my home and office was no longer consistent or available at all.  I had an Android phone so I asked my wife what her service was like in both places since she had an i-phone.  She experienced the same service problems.  My wife and I both tried to work with Verizon to resolve the issue.  Verizon's response..."I see our computer shows service in those areas so there should not be a problem."  My wife and I continued to explain to them for 2 months that yes there once was service and then like a switch there was none.  I don't care what the computer says there is NO service.  Verizon would NOT send someone out to verify service despite requesting them to do so.  After 2 months of frustration Verizon offered a solution "you can put a signal booster in your house for an additional $40 a month."  I did NOT want to pay extra money to restore service where I once had it.  This was a change in service on Verizon's end which created a hardship in me doing business so after two months we came to an agreement that we may cancel our contract and would not be charged for the remaining 4 months.  My wife and I canceled our service and went with another provider.  Following the cancellation we received a letter in the mail stating that we owed early termination fees!  I called Verizon stating that I was assured that I would NOT be charged these fees.  Verizon reassured me that was the case and that we needed to wait for the official bill before they could offer the credits.  Our bill came...I called Verizon regarding the credits...they flat out LIED and said we do not have any record showing we were going to offer you credits.  It has been a constant battle since then and they have now sent my bill to collections.  Fed up with dealing with this almost a year later and trying to repair the damage Verizon has done to my credit score I agreed to pay the bill with a "pay for delete option".  Verizon's refused.  The collection agency then sends me a letter for a settlement offer of 65% of the amount owed. Before scheduling the payment I called Verizon to ensure that if I accept this offer that they would report that the account was "paid in full".  Verizon said YES they would report the account as paid in full.  I called back and schedule the payment for 1 week out.  I DO NOT trust Verizon due to the flat out lies and deceptive way they handled my cancellation so the week gave me a chance to get the "paid in full" reporting status in writing. Once I requested this Verizon back peddled AGAIN and said they would not send the letter and when I pressed the issue they stated that the account would be reported as "settled for less then amount owed".  This is VERY different in the eyes of future lenders so canceled my scheduled payment.  Verizon CAN NOT BE TRUSTED for anything that they say. They will LIE and delete notes on your account to get things their way.  If you choose to (or have to) do business with Verizon get EVERYTHING in writing.     I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH VERIZON!  THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My experience with Verizon - Horrible - here's why
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

I could not have said it any better VERIZON WILL LIE WITHOUT RESERVATION. THEY ALTERED RECORDS IN CONNECTION TO AN ISSUE I HAD WITH THEM, THEY LIED REPEATEDLY, I KNOW THEY HAVE FLAGGED ME AS A 'PROBLEM CUSTOMER' AND WHEN I CALL THEY ADJUST THEIR TREATMENT OF ME ACCORDINGLY. CALLS MYSTERIOUSLY DROP WHEN TALKING TO REPS, THEY MAKE ME HOLD FOR EXTENDED PERIODS HOPING I WILL HANG UP. NO OTHER COMPANY I HAVE DEALT WITH LIES AS OFTEN OR IN AS MANY WAYS AS THIS COMPANY. THEIR INSOLENCE ONLY HARDENS MY RESOLVE, IF ONLY OTHERS WERE PERSISTENT BEEDS TO CALL UT ALAS. SOMEONE SOMEWHERE NEEDS TO CALL THEM ON IT ONCE IN AWHILE.

Re: My experience with Verizon - Horrible - here's why
trev979

Looking through the forum Verizon's business practices of persistently lying to it's customers and altering or deleting customer notes and information for their benefit is definitely a wide spread problem.  Due to their horrible business practices and customer services I will be sharing my story with everyone I know and everyone I can touch through social media.  Monday I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and consumer watch advocates.  The only way to get power back as a consumer is if enough of us speak out against this awful company and make our voices heard in a meaningful way.

0 Likes