My daughter just a arrived in Japan and has travel pass. Why did I get an email with an alert saying she has incurred $50 in data fees?
STEPHIAYA

My daughter arrived in Japan and texted to sat she was there.  we had the travel pass put on her phone.  Within an hour of her getting there- I received an email alert saying she had incurred $50 in data usage fees since she is out of country.   I called Verizon who verified her phone is on travel pass, she has plenty of data and she has been using wifi since arriving out of country.  they said we shouldn't incur the charges but has anyone else had this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My daughter just a arrived in Japan and has travel pass. Why did I get an email with an alert saying she has incurred $50 in data fees?
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

As far as I know, there is no Travel Pass yet for Japan. So even if she have the Travel Pass added to her line. It won't work in Japan and whatever other intl plan she have will take effect. Whether it is the regular rate or the bundled allowance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My daughter just a arrived in Japan and has travel pass. Why did I get an email with an alert saying she has incurred $50 in data fees?
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

As far as I know, there is no Travel Pass yet for Japan. So even if she have the Travel Pass added to her line. It won't work in Japan and whatever other intl plan she have will take effect. Whether it is the regular rate or the bundled allowance.

0 Likes
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

Here is an updated list of Travel Pass countries. TravelPass Countries | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes