My daughter is texts alot. How come if i have unlimited texts it is using up my data usage?
John_63

My daughter is texts alot. How come if i have unlimited texts it is using up my data usage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My daughter is texts alot. How come if i have unlimited texts it is using up my data usage?
Tidbits
Legend

Imessages, snapchat, and KIK uses data, and not text.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My daughter is texts alot. How come if i have unlimited texts it is using up my data usage?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does she have an iphone?  If so is she using iMessage?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I agree with Ann sounds like she is using iMessage there are also messaging apps for Adnroid that work over wi-fi or use mobile data. People like these apps because no one can tell( say parents or spouses ) who they've been messaging.

0 Likes
John_63

She got an Iphone 5c for x-mas. She does use imessage but so does my wife and other daughter and their usage is not high. She also uses KIK and snapchat. I think it might be one of those 2. Why would imessage use data?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Imessages, snapchat, and KIK uses data, and not text.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Imessages uses data because it does NOT go through SMS protocol/servers. Think like the iPod and iPad which most don't have a cellular connection. How would those work with iMessage for text? The ONLY time iMessage will use text is if data in not available,

0 Likes
John_63

Thanks everyone. 1 more question. What should she be using to text with?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The imessages app and deregister her imessage. Anytime the bubble is green it uses text. If the bubble is blue it uses data.

0 Likes