My contract period for my iPhone is now over. Does my monthly rate change?
ChuckDarwin

My contract period for my iPhone is now over. Does my monthly rate change?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My contract period for my iPhone is now over. Does my monthly rate change?
rcschnoor
Legend

That would certainly depend on your plan and/or the actions you take.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are on the More Everything plan, your monthly access will drop from $40 to either $15 or $25, depending on your data bucket.  You have to call in to get this discount applied, or go online to your account and try to apply it yourself.  The layout and steps keep changing, and only shows if your plan and situation makes you eligible. It may be easier to call in and have it applied.

If you are on the newer Verizon Plan, your line access fee is supposed to drop from $40 to $20 automatically when your contract ends.  It may not show till the next billing cycle. 

If you are on one of the legacy nationwide or older plans, then it may be time to re-evaluate; you  are paying $10 line access and $30 data for either 2 GB or unlimited, your minutes are limited, and your monthly payment  won't change in or out of contract. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I have an old nationwide plan and do not pay a line access fee at all. Never have. Not sure if for some reason my lines are the exception but I just assumed that everyone that still has an old nationwide plan didn't pay line access fees. We don't get an out of contract discount either but other than our plan rate and taxes (and any other features you might have) there is no additional line fees. I say all of this because assuming I'm not the only one then it's possible that if the OP is on a nationwide plan they may not pay line access fees either.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Nationwide and earlier plans were structured differently than the current plans.  They had (have) a bucket of minutes for a set amount.  Then $9.99 per line for up to 5 lines (it wasn't called a line access fee but that's essentially what it is).  Data was an add on for smartphones at $29.99 for unlimited, then  $30 for 2 GB for each line; it was not shared.  Texting was an add on as well, for a set # of texts per line or unlimited texting on all lines.  If you are still on one of these older plans, completing a contract does not change what you pay monthly.

Current plans, you pay for a shared bucket of data, and the minutes and texting are unlimited.  Line access fees allow you "access" to the minutes and texting, and the shared data, and are reduced if you are out of contract.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

That only applies if you have multiple lines on the same account and are sharing minutes. My line is a single line. Does not have any additional fees other than the normal taxes. I didn't think of the additional line fees because the OP simply stated that their line was out of contract....did not indicate that they were part of any family share situation. When you say that old nationwide plans also have a $10 line access fee it seems to imply that this applies to all nationwide plans. I was pointing out that is not true for myself or my other lines (none of which are family share because they are for individuals that don't live with me but the accounts belong to me) so it's possible that the OP does not pay any sort of line access fee or additional line fee if they too are referring to a single line account. Unless I'm misunderstanding something...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, I am referring to multiple line accounts.  Smiley Happy

In any case, the OP's rate would NOT change under the older legacy plan(s), but can change with either More Everything or Verizon plan.  For More Everything, the OP needs to call in and request the line access discount.  With Verizon plan, it should happen automatically.

0 Likes