Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,453 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
My cell service has become horrible for 2 of my cell phones on my plan.
Gtmt20
Enthusiast - Level 2

My cell phone service is horrible with verizon.  The phones are Iphone 8 and Iphone 7  They are dropping calls, static, not being able to hear both ways.  I am also not receiving calls and people have been trying to get ahold of me. I have already been on the computer chats with verizon because I can't use my phone to call Verizon if I want to resolve the problem and we did some things with the wifi on my phone but we continue to have problem.   I have been with Verizon for over 20 years.  I also have Verizon Fios in my home and now not to get service in my own home is crazy.  My zip code is 20879.  Please help me!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My cell service has become horrible for 2 of my cell phones on my plan.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your customer loyalty is greatly appreciated and I'm here to help because we want you to enjoy your VZW experience. When did the problem begin? Does the issue occur will all or specific calls? Do you experience the issue when you are not in zip code 20879? 

Ayani_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gtmt20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I first noticed the problem on Monday July 2nd.  It has been happening everyday this week in my home.  Then my son called me at work from home on his cell phone and he was breaking up.  I could not understand him.  The previous chat had my turn on the Wifi calling and that did not fix the problem.  Then we tried resetting my network setting to my phone and it is still not working.  After resetting the phone I have not been receiving calls.  People say why aren't you picking up and it is because I am not receiving the calls.  My Iphone 8 was purchased when the phone came out and until that time have no problems.  My sons phone is an Iphone 7.  He had wifi problem and was part of that serial number group where he had to go to Apple to get fixed.  Apple says they gave him back his original phone but Verizon is stating otherwise.  I really need my phone to work ASAP for various reason.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having a working service. I wouldn't want my service to have issues in my home as well. With regard to the device let's make sure you are all set. Please try resetting the network settings on your device. Go to your settings, general, reset, and then select reset network settings. What are you results after completing this? 

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gtmt20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did this reset last night and then when my son had been trying to get ahold of me and the calls never went thru.  He actually had to Facetime me to be able to talk to me

0 Likes
binderfam04
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having the same issue suddenly, have been completely fine in our home and now all 4 devices have NO SERVICE. Completely unacceptable for what we pay to have VZW service!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue, binderfam04. What have you tried so far to correct this issue? Are you using the wifi in your home?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
JAMESMUSS1970

Getting this same thing. Been with Verizon for a while and always had full bars never an issue in my own home. Now all our phones (s9+) barely have 2 bars anywhere. Can hardly call. Internet hardly loads. Mobile hotspot doesn't function at all. I'm paying 100$+ a line for what again?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMESMUSS1970, We are sorry to hear about this experience. What troubleshooting steps have you tried? Do you have Wifi at home? Please verify the make and model of your device. 

StephanieS_VZW

0 Likes