My Merry Christmas From Verizon
joste79

Happy Holidays from Verizon -

Not so happy. I'm recently divorced and per the decree responsible for cancelling an active line on my account. This increased my bill dramatically to just over five hundred dollars this month and with Christmas next week I've found myself in a situation where I just can't afford it all at once. On Tuesday my phone was cut off. I made an arrangement for tomorrow which I can't possibly keep and was pressured into by the collections department. I called today to see if there were any possible options for me to break this up and keep an active phone through the holiday next week and was repeatedly told no. I wasn't provided any options, I was kind and I explained my situation. I begged for help from Marisa (the phone agent who took my call) and still no help was given. I was reminded three times of a broken arrangement from last week that I had made. I was repeatedly reminded of the reconnection fees I would be assessed and not once was any empathy or willingness to work with me on this expressed. It's hard enough going through my first holiday after a terrible divorce, having a mountain of pending bills sitting on my desk at home and trying humbly,no, begging for a windfall on this bill and being repeatedly turned down. I've been with Verizon for nearly 5 years if not more. I've rarely missed a payment on my account and have always paid their late fees and or reconnection fees, I even paid for service on a broken phone for nearly two years because I had failed to pay for insurance. This comes as a huge slap in the face. It makes me sad for this company they just don't care about the average person. They nickel and dime you for every cent in your pocket to begin with and when you are struggling, fail to offer anything at all in return. My five hundred dollar bill is nothing to Verizon but right now it's more than a million dollars to me.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: My Merry Christmas From Verizon
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry you're going into the holidays experiencing such hardship. You are not alone, which is likely why Verizon can't make an exception. Would you be able to take out a small signature loan from your financial institution, just to keep your service active?

Look at the bright side: You'll make it through this holiday and it can only get better from here. Good luck to you.

joste79

Hmm...thanks for the advice. I'll take a loan out to pay for my Verizon

bill. Let me disperse my debt between the bank and Verizon. That promotes

growth. Why wouldn't Verizon just break up the payments, or lower the

exorbitant cost to cancel a line? Or divide the line cancellation into

payments? Or give anyone in this scenario a holiday windfall? Your ceo

tripled his salary March of 2012 to 23.1 million, can you ask him to

sacrifice 10 minutes of his pay to help me out? No you can't. What you can

do is offer your hollow apology to someone else. Thank you.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Seems you are being rather harsh to SydneyK who is a customer of VZW, just like me and you.

And to piggy back Sydney's comment, VZW can not make exceptions. If made for one, they must be made for all. They used to allow customers out of their contracts without an ETF if ;moving' to a location that did not have VZW service. That was abused by customers who just wanted out of their contract and it was ended.

joste79

I don't think you read a word of what I said. I'm not asking for an

exception. I'm asking for a new rule. I appreciate your concern though.

Keep in mind reading what people say is important. Especially as a

community moderator. I'm not even asking for them to waive me any cost.

Though I've mentioned that as a possible solution. I'm simply asking for

options that will allow me to pay what I owe them fairly, but with more

time. Ignorant solutions like borrow money from my bank to pay a bill when

I've mentioned briefly my financial status already aren't very thoughtful

perhaps the harshness was on sydneyks end for passive aggressively

suggesting I'm incompetent because Verizon isn't going to offer me a

reasonable solution. Is this a sight where people simply accept absurdity

and argue on it's behalf. If I'm being harsh talk to Marisa in the Verizon

collection call center. Thank you kindly.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Thanks, Budone. It has all become quite clear now. I won't waste my time on a rude, bitter person.

verizon4tl

I like how a moderator and someone who sounds directly like a verizon employee want to completely disregard the posters issue. He is not trying to get out of his bill, he, like almost everyone at one point or another is going through a rough time, he wants to pay, but he just needs to have his cutoff date moved a week or maybe two back... I mean we are talking about christmas here, poster probably has presents for his kids to consider getting or who knows what else. So instead of cut this man a much needed break and take his money in a week or two they would rather cut him off and turn him over to collections, or they want him to give up his last penny and provide his kids with a non-existant christman for them now.

This is just more proof what verizon cares about, MONEY. They don't care about their customers or doing the right thing for their fellow man. So if you are a potential customer, RUN! If you are a existing customer just look at his plight and think about if and when you were in this position. Do you want to stay with a company who is more interested in just your money or one that is into YOU as a customer. If so, don't renew your contract. Go with a carrier that appreciates your business and is willing to work with you and won't steal presents from your kids on the holidays.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

First off, any of the Verizon Employees that are on here have the Big Verizon Logo as their Icon. and Moderators are clearly designated as Moderar . I am not seeing either of these for SydneyK or Budone so I am not sure where you are getting your information from.

You came to a Customer Peer to Peer forum which should tell you right off the bat that almost anyone you speak to on here would be another customer.

Yes the CEO did triple his salary because he is greedy. Verizon came up with their share Everything Plan because they follow that same greed. They will not give extensions or make special arrangements even though they can do so at any time because they are Greedy and want every penny before the due date.  They have gone as far as to start collection calls a week before the payments are even due in some cases

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Who exactly do you think is a moderator in this discussion thread? I certainly don't see one here. All I see are customers relating their own personal experience to inform another customer of the VZW policies as they are aware of them.

To the OP,  I would suggest that you contact customer service at 1-800-922-0204 and ask for the financial services number or to be transferred to those representatives. They are the ones who can set up payment arrangements.

What I don't understand from the information you gave about the divorce and having to cancel a line is that line could have been split off into it own account with the other party taking over the financial responsibility of the line. You would have avoided the ETF and had a much smaller bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
verizon4tl

Well on my screen I see budone as a admin. Also Sydney is a employee of verizon for sure. You can tell by her comments... A bank loan to pay a phone bill when he is already having money issues... 

If anything Verizon should pay this mans bill off just for the way their crappy support handled it, Verizon won't though because they are a shit company, I mean they partnered up with comcast ffs, how much worse can they actually get. Next thing you know they will start hitting you with hidden fees for every time you use their name in a sentence.

Then again they still toys from kids, I don't expect them to ever be a decent company now.

0 Likes