Re: Multiple phones, date keeps changing sporadically at one location
viper1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi All

Did anyone ever figure out what is wrong with the verizon network ?  My phone is doing the same thing .... just switches the date back 15 years or so whenever it feels like it.

Also, phone has been dropping many calls over the past 2 months, when on the mobile network ... but, fine when home on wi-fi

Paying more for verizon reliability and performance used to be worth the money ..... but, I can get dropped calls from other carriers for half the price and not have the date change every week

I also was on the phone with support .... Tier 1 and 2 ..... didn't make a difference at all

FYI ..... I live in North Jersey ....  by NYC .... not sure where others are having these issues

Kreis1

I live in NYC and my phone just started to do the same thing.  Dropped calls and reverts back to April 2001.  Did anyone find out what the issue was, or did Verizon figure it out?

0 Likes
gunner4565
Enthusiast - Level 1

My new Pixel4a is doing the same thing.  But, I bought it because my old Samsung Galaxy was doing this.  I have factory reset it with no 3rd party apps and contacted Google support. They were quite helpful and we trouble shot it over several days. Unfortunately, they said the  phone is fine and to call Verizon.  So I just selected the date/time option to not get the date/time from the Verizon network.  That fixes it completely.  I now just turn it on every few days to update the time when I have a strong Verizon signal.  The problem only happens when I completely lose the Verizon signal.  The phone should retain its date and time says Google, but its not and Verizon evidently has a problem with their system or phone software.  They will probably fix it but it may take a while.  April 17, 2001 is the date my phone falls back to.  I heard this may be a GPS problem related to GPS rollover and how Verizon handles rollovers.  Who Knows?  Nobody I guess.  There sure are a lot of people with this problem.  So don't feel alone. 😉

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with the dropped calls and the time displayed on your phone, Kreis1. We want the best for you and we're happy to help figure this out. What's the make/model of your phone? Regarding the dropped calls, when did the issues start? Are you having issues with texting and calling too? 

-RSM

0 Likes
Red30
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been happening to both my brand new phones. I bought new phones because the old phones were switching the date and time. I thought getting a new pixel 4a and Samsung s10 would fix the problem. Nope. Both new phones are switching date and time to April 2001. This is has been happening for months. 

Does anyone have a fix besides turning off automatic network updates?

Verizon Support your service stinks. I have had Verizon service for 15 years in Dullles VA, and I never had any problems until this year. FIX YOUR SERVICE!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Red30, I'd be seeking out help myself if I was getting the wrong dates on my phones. That's definitely something we don't want to see happening, and I want to help figure out why this is happening. You mentioned this happening on two devices, and it's a problem that's carried over from the previous devices. Are these two phones the only ones on your account? If not, are the other people on your account having the same issue? Is anyone else who is a VZ customer having this problem in Dulles? I'm asking these questions to get a sense of what's happening.  

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes