I am going to be moving to Germany in March and I have a Verizon contract (2 lines) and a new LG V40 phone as well (I probably owe about $800 on it still). I have three questions:
1) Assuming I'll need to buy out what I owe on the phone, will an LG V40 work with an international SIM card if I bring it abroad? I believe my husband has an LG G5, so any insight on that phone would be helpful too!
2) Is there any way to get out of the Verizon contract without termination fees (or with only minimal fees) if Verizon doesnt offer permanent service abroad?
3) I am moving abroad due to a government contract job on a military base. I'm not technically deployed military, however if Verizon has any exceptions to fees for military affiliated members, would military contract civilian jobs be included?
Hola, isntlifebeautiful! Moving to a new place can be such an exciting time! We understand just how important it is to have the answers to all of your international questions. To properly address all of your concerns, we would need to have access to your account. What we can do is provide you with general information! Comencemos.
1. You would have to buyout any reminaing Device Payment Balance that you have on your phone. Both the LG G5 and the LG V40 are world devices. Although both devices have the capability to work internationally, Verizon cannot gaurantee that they will work on another carrier's network. You would need to check with the carrier you are planning to use to ensure they will function properly.
2. If you do have Early Termination Fees, a move would not be a waiver for cancellation fees.
Does this information help? What other questions do you have?
TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!