Mother giving me her iphone, will I lose unlimited data?
SophieBelle

My Mom is a Verizon customer but she's on a completely separate account than I am. She bought an iPhone 4S but doesn't like it and wants to go back to her old phone. She wanted to know if I wanted it (which I do) but I am still under the Unlimited Data and I do NOT want to lose it. If she gives me her phone and I activate it under my Verizon account, will I keep my unlimited data or will I lose it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mother giving me her iphone, will I lose unlimited data?
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

As long as you have unlimited (on a smartphone, and not a basic phone), there should be no problem in keeping unlimited data. I've swapped between the iPhone and other smart phones, and have kept unlimited with no issue.

0 Likes
Re: Mother giving me her iphone, will I lose unlimited data?
SophieBelle

Did you use your upgrade to get a new phone or was it just a phone you bought from ebay or something? I have a Droid X now and as I understand it, if you use your upgrade to get a new phone then you lose your unlimited. I'm wasn't sure if that applied to phones that I buy elsewhere or get elsewhere. So as long as I don't use the upgrade on my account to get a new phone then I won't lose my unlimited no matter where I got the "new" phone as long as it's not an "upgrade" phone?

0 Likes