Re: More Everything plan a scam?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might actually be better if you switch to the More Everything Plan with your current phones selecting the data plan you feel is appropriate and having go into effect at the beginning of the billing cycle. If all of your lines are out of contract, you will be able to add the Month2Month discount to them after the plan switches. Then you can go to the store or purchase online the two new phones at full retail price. Since your plan is already on the More Everything Plan and the Month2Month discounts will be in place, you shouldn't have any issues with adding the new phones purchased at retail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

For what it is worth, I used to have unlimited data on 2 of my lines, too. I made the switch when I went from 2 smartphones/2 basic phones to 4 smartphones as I did not want to add 2 additional $30 data plans. I am currently paying MUCH less for my service without any change in how I use my data than I would be paying had I continued with my unlimited data.

Snn5
Legend

I second that.  I had unl data and 450 min unl text.  I used 2-8gb a month depending...then i realized my phone was in need of replacing and then thought..."I pay like $115 before discounts and $90 after employer discounts."  I'm on a $50 plan now.  All comes down to use and number of lines.

0 Likes
Puterdood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks again everyone!

I think what I am going to do is to keep my two existing iPhone 4s's and get two more 4s's along with the 10gb More Everything plan. I understand the issue about the first month being different due to prorated charges and all, which is normal. Afterward, I should pay $140 plus taxes and still save about $35/mo over what I paying now.

The iPhone 6's are just entirely too expensive for me right now. I was going to buy four at around $700 each then I got to thinking that I really just need talk, text, email, some internet, and pictures. A 4s should be ok for that, since that is what I have been using for several years now.

Again, thank you all for the nice comments!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Puterdood you are very welcome! Any time. If you need anything feel free to find us here support.vzw.com

Thanks!

bryans_vzw
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Wait, where are you getting these 4s's from?  Vzw doesn't sell those anymore.

0 Likes
Puterdood
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can get them on eBay, Amazon, Best Buy, and a few other places. I am trying to see if any of my acquaintances have some first, though.

The 5's and 6's are fine and I don't have anything against them, but I like the size of the 4's, the price is cheaper, and for what my family needs, I think they will be fine. Maybe in three years or so I can upgrade to a 6. By then they will be up to a 9 or 10, I guess.

0 Likes