More Everything Plan Verification
Puterdood
Enthusiast - Level 2

After much research and chatting with Verizon support, this is what I have nailed it down to. I want to get a few real-world opinions on this to see if this is truly correct or if the reps are just yanking my chain -

I am currently out of contract on two iPhone 4s's and two dumb phones. I want to use my existing iPhones and get two more iPhone 4s's to swap out the dumb phones and get on the More Everything plan. I do not want any of the "Edge" plan at all. I have been told, aside from taxes, I will pay $140/mo with the 10GB plan. I have also been told I can use the iPhone 4s's as planned with no issues. I have also been told that I won't be under any contract as I will be on the month-to-month plan.

Again, I would like to verify that this is the case with those of you who might have a similar set up. Can you please put my fears to rest that Verizon is not trying the old bait & switch routine just to try to get me to pay a much higher amount than I expect to. If I go through with this and find that I was lied to by the Verizon reps, I can and will go to a competitor.

I plan to go this weekend to a store to complete the change. I could possibly do it online, but I want to see the person I am working with so I can gauge their level of honesty.

I apologize for sounding so negative, but I have been cheated before and I am going to do what I can not to allow it to happen again.

Many thanks for you comments!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: More Everything Plan Verification
Weth
Legend

If you are not buying any new phones, using phones you already fully own and are out of contract, you will pay the $140 plus taxes and fees (usually adds a few dollars more).

It breaks down as:

$80 for 10 GB data

$15 per line per month x 4 lines

or 80+60=$140 + taxes and fees.

Since you are not adding a new line, you should have no upgrade or activation fees.

You will need to make sure that each line as the month to month feature added to get the $25/ month discount. When you look on line it will show the line access is $40/month per line, but as long as you have the month to month discount promotion on each line, the bill will only be $15/line. I will just emphasize you must make sure the rep or you add that month to month discount as it is not automatic. You only need to do it once and it sticks.

I am in a similar situation as you and it works as advertised.

The people you hear complain on here do not realize when they buy a new phone, they must pay for the phone too, and that charge is added to the $140/month. No new phone, no additional charges.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you are not buying any new phones, using phones you already fully own and are out of contract, you will pay the $140 plus taxes and fees (usually adds a few dollars more).

It breaks down as:

$80 for 10 GB data

$15 per line per month x 4 lines

or 80+60=$140 + taxes and fees.

Since you are not adding a new line, you should have no upgrade or activation fees.

You will need to make sure that each line as the month to month feature added to get the $25/ month discount. When you look on line it will show the line access is $40/month per line, but as long as you have the month to month discount promotion on each line, the bill will only be $15/line. I will just emphasize you must make sure the rep or you add that month to month discount as it is not automatic. You only need to do it once and it sticks.

I am in a similar situation as you and it works as advertised.

The people you hear complain on here do not realize when they buy a new phone, they must pay for the phone too, and that charge is added to the $140/month. No new phone, no additional charges.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Whether or not you will be paying $140 depends on how you want to purchase your new phones.

For the More Everything plan, the line access fee for a smartphone is $40. 4 x $40 = $160

Currently, 10 GB of data is $80/month. So far, you have $240 in charges to your account. Taxes, etc... would be additional of course.

IF any/all of your lines are not under contract, you would be eligible to MANUALLY add a $25/month discount on the line access fee for each line not under contract.

If you plan to purchase new phones from Verizon or another retailer, you would have to pay full retail cost for these phone to NOT be under contract. Of course, you can purchase used phones from a third party(not Verizon or other retailer where you would be signing a 2 yr service contract) in order to stay out of contract for those lines.

If ALL 4 of your lines are not under contract, you would be eligible to receive a total $100 discount on your bill which WOULD bring it down to $140/month + taxes. Keep in mind YOU must manually add the discount in the account owner's MyVerizon account in order to receive this discount. It may take a billing cycle in order to receive the discount, but mine have always shown up on the first bill following the addition of this discount.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

As it is, if you were to switch RIGHT NOW to More Everything and 10 GB/month of data, you could immediately add the $25 line access fee discount to the out of contract iPhones and only be paying:

($15 x 2) + ($20 x 2) + $80 = $150

Not sure what you are currently paying, but if it is more than that, it may be beneficial to make the switch before you get the new/used iPhones.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds odd but it would be $140 for 4 smartphones out of contract on 10GB. $150 with 2 smartphones and 2 basic phones. This promotion ends January 31.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

sprmankalel wrote:

This promotion ends January 31.

The basic phone for $20 offer or the $15 or $25 month to month discount?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sorry I should have been more clear. The 10GB for $80 promotion ends 1-31-2015.

Puterdood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks everyone! I am not buying the iPhones from Verizon. I had a few acquaintances that recently upgraded to the 6's so I was able to get their 4s's for practically nothing.

Anyway, I have one more quick question - I know taxes vary depending on the location, but I was wondering what your total bill is with taxes and fees added to the $140? I don't mean to be nosey, just trying to get an idea.

Many thanks, once again!!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

My taxes and fees are $2.05/phone for total smartphone access of $17.05/month, in California. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Also, if you have any company discount with Verizon, that percent gets taken off the $80 fee, so take advantage of that if you can. 

0 Likes