Mobile Web
tarcani
I recently bought a new phone and started subscribing to Mobile Web for $5.00/month. I am pretty sure I have an America's Choice Plan because I pay that $5/month and I'm fairly certain the bill indicates that. My question therefore is, I am aware that Mobile Web costs $5/month plus airtime, so it uses minutes. Do minutes work the same way they do as with phone calls, that being, does it use peak minutes and then not charge after 9 and on weekends?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Web
BAN
Enthusiast - Level 2
you are correct if you use the services during the "peak" time it will count against your minutes however if you use it during your free nights and weekend time it will be unlimited.  also on your bill it will show as a data call just an fyi.
0 Likes
BudgetPhoner

Hi,

I am hoping tarcani will see this message and reply.
I also have America's Choice. We have family share 400 minutes and I don't think we've ever gone over 200 minutes.

I am due for a new phone now. I want to add the $5/mo mobile web access. It is my understanding (from a couple of sources) that I will be just charged airtime (for any normal use) and that if I were to limit myself to web use on my free nights and weekends, there should be no charge. (And if I do decide to browse during the week, I just need to watch my minutes, and not exceed the 400 total.)

This sounds like what the original poster was doing. And the 2nd post agreed that it would work that way.  No hidden charges unless I go over minutes.  And I won't use any minutes on the weekend (or nights after 9).

But ... I'm on a serious budget and can't afford to blow it. So I would like the original poster to let me know: now that it has been a couple of months, did the plan REALLY work out that way? Or were there unexpected charges?

Any other second opinions are fine, too! I'm just not sure I can trust this. It sounds almost too good to be true? Not to be skeptical, but I can't afford a $1000 bill!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Yes it works this way. Any mobile web usage on nights, after 9pm, and all day on weekends will NOT count toward your minute allowance. You can call customer support to confirm as well...
0 Likes
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

budget,

Why dont you send tarcani a private message so you can find out what happened?

0 Likes