Mobile Web questions
guardwife

Hi there,

I am new to the forums but use my Verizon.  We recently started using Mobile Web.  My husband and I and also my son.  Anyway, we have experienced trouble on some sites.  We can not view video on YouTube for example.  Is that more just a YouTube issue?  Or is it with the Mobile Web?  My son and I both have Env 2's.  Also we have trouble signing on to AOL.  Mobile email is a part of our package but it keeps on saying it will charge us.  This is all kind of new to us so, we just want to make sure we aren't doing something wrong. Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile Web questions
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

Mobile Web on most of the phones is a very basic web service and does not support most plug-ins, scripts, modules,  et cetera. Some of the more advanced phones (Voyager, Dare, Versa, Glyde and ??) do have HTML browsers, these are slightly more better and may support some more advanced features. The smart phones and Blackberrys have even better browsers and do support some plug-ins, scripting, et cetera.

In regards to the Mobile Email. Are you attempting to sign-in via Mobile Web or are you using the actual and separte Mobile Email application?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

Mobile Web on most of the phones is a very basic web service and does not support most plug-ins, scripts, modules,  et cetera. Some of the more advanced phones (Voyager, Dare, Versa, Glyde and ??) do have HTML browsers, these are slightly more better and may support some more advanced features. The smart phones and Blackberrys have even better browsers and do support some plug-ins, scripting, et cetera.

In regards to the Mobile Email. Are you attempting to sign-in via Mobile Web or are you using the actual and separte Mobile Email application?

0 Likes
guardwife
Thanks!  I did not think about the browser capabilities.  We did figure out the mobile email.  Appreciate the solution.
0 Likes
mrsmuffins
Ok I need a answer to a question about the mobil web program. I know it is $5.00 to download it but how much is it a month and does it take any minutes away from your plan or is there any hidden fees??
0 Likes