Mobile Web and VCast blocking
annagtz82
If I block mobile web and VCast can I still use my apps such as backup assistant and song ID?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Web and VCast blocking
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome!   "Song ID" is most definitely a VCast program and if you block VCast you will not have that feature.   I believe backup assistant should still be functional.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
annagtz82
So, does that mean I will get charged everytime I use Song ID?
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello again.   Well, it would surprise me if you could use it at all frankly.   If you've blocked VCast you shouldn't be able to use a VCast program whether you wanted to or not until you remove the block.   Have you blocked it and still find you can use the program?   If somehow you can, then I would think they're going to charge ya.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
annagtz82

I just wanted to know becuase I've been getting charged $1.99 for the past couple of months.

At first I thought they were charging me for Backup Assistant, but Verizon said it's becuase of access to the mobile web. But I don't or haven't accessed the web through my phone becuase I know that they charge per MB.

The rep gave me the web address that had been accessed and it's in a foriegn language and they said it's being accessed at early hours of the morning, like 1am.

If I'm not accessing the web, where are these charges coming from? Could it be that I'm getting charged for someone elses web access?

Also,a Verizon rep told me that I only had to pay for the download of the Song ID app and I wouldn't be charged for actually using it to ID a song thereafter, unless I bought a song.

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3
Song ID uses data when it looks up your song and you will have to pay for said data usage.
Message Edited by risu on 06-11-2009 05:13 PM
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Risu is right . . . what confuses me is how do you even still have Song ID which is a VCast program when you say you no longer have VCast?   A further clue that something is very wrong is the fact that someone in a foreign language is in the middle of the night accessing data in your name.   It seems to me somehow, someone has managed to hack your account and you're getting charged for a Song ID program you can't possibly still have and for access of data in a foreign language your probably don't even speak.   I would demand that Verizon shut it all down and launch a fraud investigation as to what is going on with your account.

dancingphone.gif

Message Edited by DarkCobra on 06-11-2009 02:26 PM
0 Likes
annagtz82

As of right now VCast and Mobile Web are not blocked on my account.

I was just asking the initial question to see IF  I were to block those features, would I still be able to use the apps that I already have.

But since I wouldn't be able to use them, I will keep them active and give Verizon a call again to see if we can figure out what is actually going on.

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Ah . . . ok, I misunderstood and thought you had already blocked them.   Well then it's simple . . . if you're not accessing the web and somebody on a foreign email is . . . (in the middle of the night . . . which may be daytime there) . . . then you have been hacked and Verizon needs to do an investigation and retoactively make you whole if you are not the culprit accessing this stuff.   I wouldn't shut it down now as Verizon may want it open so they can maybe catch this person in the act.   Good luck with this and let us all know what happened :smileysad:

dancingphone.gif

Message Edited by DarkCobra on 06-11-2009 02:37 PM
0 Likes
annagtz82
I will do that. Thank you.
0 Likes