Mobile Hotspot Issues
Blitz10

So recently we purchased the Mobile Hotspot (Use your smartphone, share your data allowance with multiple Wi-Fi-enabled devices. No additional drivers or software necassary.) We purchased the 5 GB for $50. We were given a 2 week trial and decided to stick with it. We had no issues with it those 2 weeks. But now, the service we get from it is pretty bad. Every 15-30mins the hotspot disconnects, and we completely lose internet. We have to restart the hotspot and then wait at least 5 mins for the internet to come back on. We live in a rural area in southern Pennsylvania. We use the hotspot in our home, we have 3 computers that connect to the device, but usually on one is on the internet at a time, but we still have the disconnection issues. Could someone please explain why we have these constant disconnection issues? Because we really haven't gotten a straight answer yet and are on the verge of switching back to our old internet provider. Even though the Verizon Wireless is cheaper, the service has been terrible so far.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot Issues
budone
Legend

First question, what phone are you using for the connection.

2nd, are you in a 4G service area? If so do you have a 4G device.

I have a post in the TB section concerning this

0 Likes
meggybbyx3

I got a mobile hotspot and it is 5 GB the largest package they had for 50 dollars , I really don't like it , I do not listen to music , or youtube , or stream or watch movies. I sit here and look at pictures all day. That is all I can do on the computer. I can not download anything I can not do anything. I still have only used this thing for 2 days and i already used up 3 GB. This is completely wrong , my friends mom has an unlimited wifi hotspot for the same price as this one. I wish I could turn this wifi thing off and just by the other one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, meggybbyx3!

I want to help make your experience more enjoyable! We don't want you having to worry about going over the data allotment. Looking at pictures all day, depending on the size and quality, can rake up the data pretty quickly. We do offer a 10GB plan for only $30 more a month than the plan you currently have. You can login to vzw.com/myverizon to change the plan to allow for more data allotment. I hope that info helps. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
chillybinbob

Adam,

I have had similar issues with my Samsung Galaxy Tab and intermittent access/ hotspot and tethering since I purchased it in March 2011. It is 3G, it is fast enough for my needs, it just does not maintain a reliable data connection, never has.

I would not recommend this service to anyone.

0 Likes