Missing Rebate
MUSICJENGEL

I'm highly irritated with Verizon right now. 

June 2016, we switched to Verizon.  One of the perks was a rebate where we got buy one get one free phones.  Iphone 6s Smiley Happy

There was a miscommuniction.  I never received communication that I had to apply for the rebate.  I did everything online.  I just called today to find out what was going on.  I thought I was being patient.

The verizon rep was very nice and found that I was supposed to apply online, but he had a transfer number for me to talk to them and get the process started.

The rebate rep informed me that the rebate program had ended.  I informed her that I purchased during the rebate time and needed my rebate.

I don't mind working with someone with an accent.  However, I object to her getting irritated with me when I have to ask her to repeat numbers and email addresses to make sure I get it written down correctly.

So now I have to email a bunch of documentation to a rebate email address.  I'm getting the documentation from the Verizon website.  Is it unreasonable to assume the company that I bought phones from and should be giving me the rebate could communicate with itself?  Since it's been 6 months, I don't have the bar code from both the phones that we received, so I'm probably out of luck. 

I'm pretty sure I'm never going to get the rebate.  We did not plan on purchasing $650 phones, but did because the rebate made it affordable. 

Overall, I've been very happy with the service from Verizon.  Love the myVerizon app and everything online.  However, on the matter of this rebate, I'm not happy at all.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make sure this goes through?  I'm supposed to wait 15 days before a case is established and then 12 weeks for the rebate gift card to come through.  I think all the hoops are just a way for Verizon to avoid following through on it's promises and take money from people that can't afford it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing Rebate
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

tbh if I were you I would call and escalate above a first line rep but make sure that your speaking to the right department. regular customer service couldn't help me with my gift card I had to talk to a certain department.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the discrepancy surrounding your rebate and I'm here to help because I want you to enjoy your VZW experience. Let’s look into this, I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. 

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUNSHINE11283

I am having the same issue.  On the phone now for the 3rd time with Verizon.  Still no rebate to this day.  Very unhappy customer right now!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUNSHINE11283,

We want to make sure you are a satisfied customer. What phone did you purchase? Was there a trade-in required? Please give us more details so we can assist you further.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes