Minutes Questions
TheyCallMeZ

Hey Guys I'm new here and new to Verizon as well, I had a few questions....

#1 Standard Voicemail, does it use minutes when you use it by calling *68

#2 Standard Voicemail, does it use minutes when you call your own cell # from that phone?

#3 On the online Bill there are a number of minutes used that show no other information besides # of minutes used and a date and time, No phone number or location. What are these?

#4 Are all prior Alltel Customer #s considered mobile to mobile calling?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Minutes Questions
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

TheyCallMeZ wrote:

Hey Guys I'm new here and new to Verizon as well, I had a few questions....

#1 Standard Voicemail, does it use minutes when you use it by calling *68

#2 Standard Voicemail, does it use minutes when you call your own cell # from that phone?

#3 On the online Bill there are a number of minutes used that show no other information besides # of minutes used and a date and time, No phone number or location. What are these?

#4 Are all prior Alltel Customer #s considered mobile to mobile calling?

Thanks!

1. Yes, *86 uses airtime during peak hours.

2. Yes, calling your own phone # is considered the same as *86 so it will use airtime.

3. Does it show Unavailable? Or just all zero's like: 000-000-0000. If so then it's a number that had it's caller ID info restricted.

4. Most prior Alltel numbers are now considered VZW numbers. Remember, some Alltel customer's got sold off and are not part of VZW. You can double check any number here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/mobiletomobile.jsp 

**To save airtime from calling voicemail either call during Off-Peak hours or call from another VZW phone. Call your own number then when you hear your greeting come on press # then enter in your password.

0 Likes