Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Phone "Out of Service" Message 4408
MikeInMN
Enthusiast - Level 1

When calling the phone number for the Minnesota Unemployment Insurance department (651-296-3644) from my cell phone, I get a Verizon message indicating that the number is not in service with recorded error message #4408.  Is the number really out of service, or is this just because of the volume of calls currently being dialed into that phone number?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Phone "Out of Service" Message 4408
MikeInMN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I only have the one phone number to call from, however, now the call just goes to a busy signal that sounds a few times, then disconnects.  I'm assuming that the phone number is just overwhelmed with calls due to unemployment questions and claims related to the current COVID-19 situation.  In the meanwhile, I was able to obtain answers to my questions via other means.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MikelnMN

It’s important that you’re able to successfully reach particular contacts and businesses. I’m sorry if this hasn’t been your experience with your service lately. I’d love to help.

Have you been able to contact this number in the past? Are you experiencing problems calling any other numbers? Lastly, have you tried dialing this number from a different line? Please let me know so that I may further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
MikeInMN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I only have the one phone number to call from, however, now the call just goes to a busy signal that sounds a few times, then disconnects.  I'm assuming that the phone number is just overwhelmed with calls due to unemployment questions and claims related to the current COVID-19 situation.  In the meanwhile, I was able to obtain answers to my questions via other means.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MikeINMIN, we were able to check on the website and we see that it states "To speak directly to a representative, call the automated phone system: Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644. Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090; TTY - for the hearing impaired: 1-866-814-1252." Did you attempt the other number for them? 1-877-898-9090 or by putting a one in front of the first number you gave us? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes