MiFi2200 usage
kat7914

my question is this and I don't know what catagory to place it in.

I have the MiFi2200 data air card and I need to know what I do online that uses my gigs.  I know some things you do online eat up more gigs than other things you do.  There must be a chart of suggestions someplace so I know what I should be doing and not doing.  I would like to enter chat rooms but am afraid of eating up too much air time.

Can someone please tell me where I can find out this information? 

Thank you,

Kathy Anderson

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MiFi2200 usage
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You can visit our site www.verizonwireless.com and it will allow you to click on the Phones tab in red at the top of the screen and that will allow you to click on Internet Devices & Netbooks it will refresh the screen. Go underneath the Mobile Broadband heading and click on the tab Plans it will then allow you to see the different plans we have for broadband there is a link there to click on that states How much data do I need? once you click on it, it will ask you some questions to see what all you are using the service for and that will give you an estimate of which plan you will need to be on. This is also the link just to get to the data calculator http://www.verizonwireless.com/splash_includes/datacalculator.html

Hope this Helps

0 Likes
kat7914

nope not really.  I already have the 5 gig service and need to know how much of this 5 gigs uses up per catagory.  Like how much does downloading or uploading a photo take?  How much if I play a game?  How much if I watch a video.  I don't need a calculator to tell me I need the 5 gig service or any service.  A breakdown so I know what is being used per catagory is what I need.  Please don't send me to another calculator.........just the information please.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

it all depends on everything you do. Each picture would be different based on the quality and size. Same picture sent in a lower quality will use less data.

Same with games. Each uses a different amount of data. How much are you playing is it a dlownload and play off line game or one that involves being online. There

Songs downloaded. Again, the length of the song, etc.

Streaming music will use lots of data as will vie.wing videos. But again, the quality level you request it to be send will depend on how much data is used

So there is no set in stone number anyone can really give.it is variable based on what you do.

0 Likes
VZWGuru
Contributor - Level 1

Plus it would be really difficult trying to keep up with your usage on a mathematical level as your using your service. Since usage varies according to the medium you're using (i.e. download, uploading, applications running in the background on your computer (anti-virus and computer updates) it is almost impossible to try to keep up with how much data you're using w/o using some type of tool (i.e. Data Calculator and VZ Access Manager usage button) to assist you, even if you did know how much data everything you can do on your computer would use. Usually, if this info manages to be found out, they are usually estimates, not fact.

0 Likes