Message emailed to the vtext.com SMS gateway are no longer going through
gradientwolf

I have a system in place that sends text message notifications out to users' cellular phones using their provider's SMS gateway email address. For example, if a form is filled out on a user's website the system will send an email to <phone number>@vtext.com (for Verizon subscribers) letting the user know that the form was filled out.

This system no longer appears to be working for Verizon users. The email logs report that the email has been accepted by vtext.com but the text message never comes to the recipient's phone. Nothing has been changed on my end and this system seems to still be working correctly with other cellular carriers.

I can still send messages to the Verizon SMS gateway addresses and have them come through as text messages when doing so manually through a regular email account and sometimes these automated messages still go through so it doesn't appear that the system is entirely broken or that our mail server is being blocked.

I was hoping that someone here could tell me if this is a temporary issue or if there's something I need to change about the way these messages are being sent or the content of these messages so that they will start going through again.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message emailed to the vtext.com SMS gateway are no longer going through
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The vtext.com system has been replaced by Verizon Messages, at least when texting via the web.  You might try using ph#@vzwpix.com - that's the address for MMS messages and it will also work for SMS.

vtext.com does work on my phone.... but try vzwpix.com and see if that gets things moving again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gradientwolf, I understand the need of vtext especially if you are using it for buisness needs. I do know you can still use mobilenumber@vtext.com. How many messages are you sending at a time?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gradientwolf

We're using the mobilenumber@vtext.com addresses as a notification system for a large number of users, therefore we'll almost never send more than one email to the same exact address at the same time. However, we may have notifications going to many different users at the same time. This could potentially lead to messages going to many different vtext.com email addresses at around the same time.

Given the nature of these notifications it wouldn't make a lot of sense for us to queue them to prevent them from going out all at once. However, if you can let us know if there's a specific number of these messages that can be sent around the same time before they stop going through, that would at least give us something to look at. Thanks.

0 Likes
barneyf

I just sent a text to vtext.com and vzwpix.com from my MS Outlook.  Only the vzwpix.com came through to my phone.  Seems like vtext.com works for some people, but not for others????

0 Likes
ChDa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same thing as gradiantwolf.  My system will send a text message to Verizon customers using ##########@vtext.com.  This used to work flawlessly but stopped working sometime in the recent past.  A check of the sending email server's log shows that the email was received and accepted by Verizon's server yet the text message never shows up.  Sending to the same email address from Google, or my company email, will result in the text message being received.  It also works without problem when sending to other cell phone carrier's customers.

We are sending only one message at a time, so volume shouldn't be a factor in my case.

Verizon, can we get any movement on finding a solution to this issue please?

JeffShultz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Make that me as well, although oddly it is just from one source. Other sources to the same address work fine.

0 Likes
JeffShultz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since I am monitoring a telco central office, missing text messages is a bad thing.

0 Likes