Message+ Insists on Loading
JLPBMA
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I first installed Message+ on my PC, it gave me the option to log out, and if I did, then the app did not reload on boot unless I specifically opened it back up.  For about a month, however, it has been loading every time I boot, whether I log in/out or not (I vaguely recall an update somewhere in there).  And it is a slow loading app and I do not want it to load all the time.  What happened to the option of disabling it (without uninstalling it)?

Help!!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ Insists on Loading
JLPBMA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Win 7 64

Reinstall  did not fix.  If I disconnect it just reloads on the next boot.  This is not how it worked when I originally installed it, so at some point an upgrade must have made it so you cannot stop it from loading unless you uninstall.  Too bad; it was great.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Message Insists on Loading
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JLPBMA No need to panic. Help is here. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app from the PC? Also, what operating systme are you using?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
JLPBMA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Win 7 64

Reinstall  did not fix.  If I disconnect it just reloads on the next boot.  This is not how it worked when I originally installed it, so at some point an upgrade must have made it so you cannot stop it from loading unless you uninstall.  Too bad; it was great.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What OS are you running on your PC?  You should be able to control what loads when the computer boots by using msconfig on systems up to Win7, or Task Manager on Win8.

JLPBMA
Enthusiast - Level 2

SuzyQ:  that is crazy.  When you install a program on your computer, you should be able to chose to load it or not, each time you feel like it.  Even programs that HAVE to run all the time, like AV programs, give you the option to select to either load on boot or not until asked to load.  Asking me to modify my msconfig file is like asking me to step back into the 1990s.  That is not how the world works any more.

Since you are a Verizon rep, please tell me what happened to the button that used to be part of the program, that asked me whether it should automatically load OR NOT?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I never even got the app to run correctly on my PC, never would sync with the phone.  Software makers program their goods however they want to, and a "Boot at startup" option isnt a rule.  I have many apps that try to run at startup that have no option to disable.  I also us RUN:  msconfig to modify startup options.  If you want an easy to use app that allows you to respond to messages on any app, MightyText is a great one and isnt a program so much as a Chrome extension that runs when the browser is loaded.  It can give you notifications with ability to respond with any messaging app.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not, and never have been, a Verizon rep.  I have no idea if, or why the functionality was removed, and if it has been, going through your computer's start up options is a valid way to fix something that runs at start up that you don't want to (that goes for any program).

As Snn5 said, there are many programs that set their own options for startup and giving the end user the option control is not a given.

dfstorm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd really like to see a real answer to this question. I just installed Message+ on my computer and am very disappointed that there's no straight-forward way to disable automatic startup. It completely slows down my computer for a few minutes at startup.

mfowelectro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, only 5 years have passed since your post & nothing has been fixed yet.  I'm "enjoying" the same issues you pointed out, self starting at boot & totally bogging my computer down.  I guess the only way to get the attention of these arrogant wiseguys is to stop using their products.

0 Likes