Mandatory Data Plan-Opening up the Internet for Young people
ham10814
Enthusiast - Level 2

SO, from what I understand, that if we upgrade our phone and are FORCED to pay for the data plan, we cannot block the internet??  Ok, VERIZON thanks for opening up the door to child preditors!!!  I as a parent monitor my teenage daughters internet usage and who she talks to and what websites she goes to.  SO, now VERIZON is not only forcing us to pay for a data plan and internet usage we don't want but they are taking away our Parenting rights.  You have got millions of children accessing the internet on these phones without parental consent and monitor.  You have mobile children potentially talking to and walking into the traps of child preditors.  Shame on you Verizon.  You are taking away parental control..  I supposed you want us to pay extra for that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mandatory Data Plan-Opening up the Internet for Young people
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

No, you can still have a Nationwide Access Block placed on your plan, which will block all uses of data including picture and video text messaging, BUT, and here's the kicker, even if the feature is blocked, you will stay pay $9.99 for data each month if your child uses a 3GMM phone.

I agree, this is ridiculous, and so do many people here.  If you're OK with blocking a service you are required to pay for, or you would prefer to provide your child with a simple feature phone, that's great.  If not, join us all in finding new providers as soon as you can.

0 Likes