Loyalty plan stay the same?
lebrtiches

I have family 550 loyalty plan now with a smart phone and a basic phone. if upgrade the smart phone with 2 year contract, would i loose that loyalty plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Loyalty plan stay the same?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

That depends. Usually if you sign a new agreement you have to move to current pricing. That's a very old plan.

0 Likes
lebrtiches

I have been able to keep this plan through the years. It just works for us.  I am looking to upgrade the smart phone, but it looks like I wouldn't be able to keep the plane but have to go to the new Verizon plan.  Would like to know if the new plan would actually be cheaper.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saving money is always my number one concern, Lebrtiches. Let's compare plans together. Please follow the link provided here for additional support http://vz.to/1OX876f.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mitchthe
Enthusiast - Level 3

lebrtiches

You can keep your existing price plan with Verizon. The biggest factor that comes into play is if you have Unlimited Data.  If you don't have unlimited data you can sign a two year contract and keep the plan the same.

If you have unlimited data you will not be able to sign a 2 year contract.

However you can keep your same plan and do Device Payment option.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Thats partially incorrect information.

Mitchthe
Enthusiast - Level 3

please tell me what "partially incorrect information"

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The fact with upgrades and plan requirements you have to move to current pricing. Please don't offer advise when you aren't aware of policy and procedure.

Thanks

Mitchthe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Procedure are in in place where customer can keep their existing plan if they so choose.

Just like 2 Year contracts are still around, just don't see it advertise.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can't keep a plan no longer offered when you renew a contract.  A new contract means new terms.  To keep unlimited data, a customer would just continue out of contract and purchase a phone full price or third party.  Any time a customer takes a promotional price on a device under contract, the terms change and the plan changes to whatever is offered at that time.  Customers can choose to keep their current pricing via differing purchasing methods, but contracts and "discounted" contract devices are exempt.

0 Likes