Loyal Customer Thinking About Leaving Soon!
juicygirl

I have been a Loyal Customer of "Verizon" for years and was happy but recently i had a "Horrible Experience" my Droid X was replaced in 10-2011 and it voided a discount on 1 of my lines that i was getting for years.  I was told that i could no longer recieve the discount and that was that.  The discount was $6.00, but i guess the company would go bankrupt to continue to give me a discount that i been getting for at least 5 years. They are willing to lose a customer with a guarantee bill of $220.00 a month for $6.00.  Then i added a line on my family share account with an old phone just to find out 2 days later the phone was put on it's own plan.  I called back to correct this matter and the phone was then put on the family share plan, but the representative changed my plan somehow.  Due to verizon no longer offering my current plan it had to be sent to a special department to be put back on the account.  I then decided this is to many situations occurring back to back so i decided to look through my bills and see what my charges where from this past year.  I realized that a line i put a block on since 2008 was being charged for a 1 year for text premium services of $9.99 and 2 months $19.99. When i asked for verification of the block i was told i had blocked something else not that in 2008!  What else could it have been because i never blocked the internet or texting?  I was then told they couldn't credit me all my money back, because they don't go back that far anyway.  What?  I guess i'm suppose to keep paying for verizon mistakes.  So now my Droid X that was just replaced in 10-2011 is shutting off frequently so i decided to upgrade my phone, because a representative stated that my line was eligible for and upgrade.  I went to Best Buy on Monday to upgrade and was told i could only upgrade at "Verizon Wireless", because it's considered an early upgrade!  Am i not still locked in a contract for 2 years so why should it matter, a upgrade should be an upgrade and of course the phone is $100.00 more at verizon than Best Buy, so i see it's not about keeping your customers and making them happy it's now about how much $$$$ you can get out of me.  I am going to continue to get replacement's for both of my lines until my contract is up and looking for service elsewhere.   Very disappointed!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Loyal Customer Thinking About Leaving Soon!
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

Juicy.

~D

0 Likes
askjeeves
Contributor - Level 1

I have a few options for you..

Review your bill. Review your bill. Review your bill.

When you call in with issues for something that has been on your bill for a year... Honestly.. Derp.

Why should Verizon help you when you are too lazy to even help yourself?

Also, a good thing to do when you make changes with a representative is to log into your myverizon account and review the changes there.

Maybe you didn't explain what you wanted blocked well enough?

Maybe you set the block yourself in myverizon?

Stop and think that really, you are to blame for most of this.

Verizon did not put the $9.99 premium message on your phone bill. You somehow opted into it. -Mistake 1, you

Not reviewing your bill. -Mistake 2, you

Not having the appropiate block put in place. -Mistake 3, unknown

Not OPTING OUT OF THE SERVICE BY SENDING A STOP MESSAGE TO THE NUMBER. -Mistake 4, you

As for the discount: It is policy driven. You must remember that you are not the only person affected by these policies.

As for the upgrade: It is always best to buy direct. I know of many cases where someone bought from an indirect dealer (I am not sure on best buys policies) and the indirect dealer promised the customer a bunch of different things, for example one indirect dealer told a customer that if he didn't like the phone, he could return it within 30 days, worry free. Customer comes back 2 weeks later to return the phone, and the business went out of business. Customer calls Verizon. Verizon can't do anything. Buy direct.

That also goes for the price plan change that put your new phone on its own plan.. Was it a direct agent?

In short, stop blaming Verizon.

juicygirl

First of all i probably have been a verizon customer longer than you and if you know verizon like i know verizon your taxes and fees change so if it's a $10.00 - $20.00 difference i usually  just pay it  and #2 I know what i put on the phone because this happened to 1 of my accounts back in "88" so speak what you know.  #3 I made my changes with a representative and checked my account  2 days later and that's how i was aware of the mistake the representative made. I never went over  a plan with a representative so why was the line put on a plan by itself since you know so much  about my experience!  #4 I also did all that you put up here opting out and everything and it's still  on my bill this month!  So once again talk what you know!  #5  As far as my discount this is  something i been getting for years i don't care what you don't get because i don't pay your bills  and verizon has promotions for different people, agency's and etc. everyday so everyone is not the   same so once again speak on something you know about. #6 When i was upgrading i went to an  authorized agent which was "Best Buy" so what are you talking about every phone and upgrade i  have done has been from Verizon or Best Buy not just anyone so once again speak on what you  know.   #7 anything i do i do with a "Verizon Agent" who recently has made several mistakes on my account and admitted to it.  If i'm calling and adding a phone on my family share how do my plan change?  You don't know because they couldn't answer it.  And last I want you to know that i am far from lazy so watch your mouth.  Don't get disrespectful, because you don't know me to call me out my name.  Verizon messed up and that happens,but don't quote on my comment being nasty when you don't know the facts.  I also received a $400.00 bill this month for there error not mines, due to a representative again not doing there job.

0 Likes
askjeeves
Contributor - Level 1

Here's a simple soloution to all your problems. Go onto myverizon and make any change yourself. Seems legit to me. That way you won't be able to blame anybody but yourself for your mistakes. But I wouldn't be surprised if I see a thread, "OMG I made some changes on myverizon and now my bills all messed up! There must have been an agent that went into my account and screwed it up!!11!!1"

Also, I know a lot more than you think so, 'speak what you know' HURRR

0 Likes
juicygirl

Obviously you must work there, but the fact of the matter is verizon representatives make mistakes to i am a perfect example of that.  I have been a customer of verizon for years and have been ok with they service until i had to get a replacement phone and added a line on my family share with a representative.  And once again i am speaking what i know that's why i have about $250.00 credit on my bill for verizon errors. And didn't you say use a representative now that you know that's what i used it's now do it yourself!  LOL

0 Likes
askjeeves
Contributor - Level 1

It depends on the representative. I personally wouldn't trust store reps because they only know devices. Your best bet would be to call Verizon, as those representatives deal with dang near everything from devices to price plans to features and back again.

But, seeming that you seem to be uncomfortable with speaking to representatives, make the changes yourself.

0 Likes
midgetfan

I don't blame you for leaving, I am.  Verizon has failed to provide me with reliable service since I changed to a 3G Curve. I can not use my phone where I live and Verizon says it's not their fault they have no tower in my area (nearest tower is 5.5 miles away).  I can text and maybe email depending on which way the wind is blowing and where I am at in my house on said day.  My dad is in even worse shape as he can't use his phone at all.  Now I pay $143 a month and never go over 20 minutes a month on a 700 minute plan and have yet to use 100MB of data in the 14 months I have owned the phone.  How is that even remotely justifiable? 

I have been a Verizon customer for 5 years and in that time the service (phone and customer) has gotten worse every day.  US Cellular is anxious to get me to their company.  Hopefully I can make that happen the sooner the better.

0 Likes
askjeeves
Contributor - Level 1

That's terrible. Smiley Sad

But Verizon cannot work for everyone.

And Juicy.. If you think that Verizon customer service is bad, try dealing with sprint! Yikes!

0 Likes
sanford727
Enthusiast - Level 3

Haha. You know the reason USCellular wnats you so bad? Because they can't even give away their contracts to anyone. SAme as all the other little cellular service providers. You get what you pay for. Cya in 2 years when your USCellular contract ends. What I don't understand is how all of these "Verizon Haters" sit on the VERIZON forums all day and complain. This is a forum for helping people with their phones. You do realize ******** all day is a waste of energy? Call customer service. They are the only ones who can help you.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator