Love the service, but.....
acomedian

I recently left my position at a company where Verizon offered an employee discount of 20%. I left to open my own business. Now, as I understand it, my bill will increase by 20% per month, I will be going somewhere else for phone service when this happens, Is anyone else going through something similar?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Love the service, but.....
budone
Legend

Well, you no longer work for the company that offered it.Why should you still receive a perk from a company you no longer have any connection? Is that fair to those who do not get a discount from the company THEY work for, to have you still get it and you do not work for that company any longer?

It is a choice you made to leave the company and start your own business, and taking your business elsewhere is also a choice you will have to make. Just remember, the other companies will not give an employee discount either.

>Comment deleted. Keep your personal opinions to yourself<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
msgadget13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, we love the service too but NOT the taking and taking. When we signed up we were told, once on a discount on it forever as in grandfathered. Not true. We had a choice of my plan or my husband's. We went with his. He retired and we lost the discount a few weeks ago. We put the account under my name to get my company discount.

Yes, we were able to move to my company's discount of 19%, but we lost unlimited data on 3 phones and 4 gig for the price of 2 on another. One phone only had 2 gig. We're still not happy. The price is the same after discount with much less data.

Verizon keeps taking and taking! When our plans are up we will probably go back to at&t. They're not unlimited either, but we're not losing that now. If Verizon keeps taking, I may pay ETF's. I paid to get out of another carrier I was unhappy with.

Good luck.

0 Likes
acomedian

Wow, I didn't even think about retirement as a way to lose your discount.

You're correct. They do keep taking. I can't understand it with all the choices available for phone service today, either. I wish you luck in the future.

0 Likes
msgadget13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, you too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Acomedian, we certain don't want you to go anywhere and want to review all of your option. Our agreements with companies are based on those currently employed with the company. What voice and data plan do you currently have with us? How much data do you normally use each month?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

According to my accountant, 60% of my cell phone bill is the "safe harbor" point, meaning, as a self-employed person, I can deduct that much as a business expense without the IRS getting bent out of shape. At least it's something to help make up for the loss of the corporate discount. Now, the best of both worlds is you have the business deduction and you have a spouse with a corporate discount.

Best wishes for a wildly successful business!