Lost phone within 30 days but no replacement
BARBARA2617

The Veizon Agreement states you have 39 days to get mobile coverage. I thought I had chosen coverage but was toled that I hadn’t (I thought we had total coverage!). I lost the phone the second week I had it. According to VERIZONs agreement, they should have allowed me to choose mobile coverage (still within the 30 days) and replaced my phone right?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost phone within 30 days but no replacement
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You can't get coverage AFTER you've lost or damaged the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Barbara2617, I can certainly understand how this situation would cause some ill feelings about everything that has been going on but if anything has happened to the phone before having insurance, we would not have the ability to add it after the fact. The options that we would have at this time is that you may pay off your Device Payment Plan and then get a new phone. Or if you have the paperwork, can you review them to see if insurance shows that it was added on that line. Please keep us posted on the outcome. 

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you don't have coverage from day one and you choose to add it within the first 30 days, you must present your phone at a Verizon Corporate store. This is to verify that it is in working condition and not damaged. You can't get insurance after you lose or damage your device.

BARBARA2617

I had total mobile coverage. I have 5 phones and have been a customer since @ 2004.  I do everything on my phone and I clicked total mobile coverage but it wouldn’t let me continue with my purchase until I chose mobile coverage for the phone. when I clicked on the coverage below for the phone, it unchecked total mobile coverage. No need to get all rude and angry. [removed] happens. I had several “chats” with VERIZON. I was told yes they would cover it and then told no, they wouldn’t.  In my industry you make a statement like that, you stand by it.  You don’t go back on your word.  I’ve been a loyal customer. Just hoped for a little more for 14+ years using their service.

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
BOJOLO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

You cant elect to get insurance after you've lost your device, that's the same as getting into a car accident, then attempting to get insurance on your damaged car. Doesn't work like that buddy.

0 Likes
BARBARA2617

Please take a look at these screens. I mark total mobile coverage but that’s only for 3 devices. So I try to add coverage to a new phone and it unchecks the total mobile coverage. Explain to me because I’m pretty confused. Now you see what the problem was with getting phone coverage![image1.png][image2.png]

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
BARBARA2617

[image2.png]

This was the service agreement I received.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

A) Your pics didn't post

B) The total mobile coverage for an account covers max of 3 devices. More than 3 and you have to get separate coverage. Also why even get total mobile coverage? They charge extra and all you get is some stupid "tech coach" stuff which is useless.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to post the images directly to the thread instead of as an attachment to the email reply.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes