Lost iphone 4S, Tmobile ETF offer, make the switch?
Ginazmck

I had no insurance on my lost phone, I don't think I have another choice.  My husband still has his phone, but I lost mine and we cannot afford to buy another.  I think the $350 ETF at Tmobile may be the only solution unfortunately.  Seems so stupid, but can anyone see another way?  I lost the phone at my kids' school at pick up and really thought someone would have turned it in by now, but no luck.  And it shows "offline" since I lost it which was on 4/24. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost iphone 4S, Tmobile ETF offer, make the switch?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think the T-Mobile offer requires you to turn in the old phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

Do you have an old unused phone laying around you could reactivate on your line? Possibly a friend does? I have personally loaned/given my old phones to friends who have broken/lost their phones and were not eligible for an upgrade. They simply activate my old phone on their line until they are eligible for an upgrade.

You could also try sites such as swappa.com to get a lightly used phone as a replacement until you are eligible.

noseyparker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please make sure your husband has insurance on his phone! Enough said!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann and RC covered that pretty well.

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/switch-t-mobile-without-etf.html

However you still must pay full price for the phone. On the EIP if credit qualified. You still have to pay the early termination fee first at Verizon, then have a receipt that shows that payment.

Then send in to T-Mobile for a gift card in the amount of your ETF. Withing 8-10 weeks.

Please note the coverage may not be to your liking. Ask friends that have that service.

In this case you are still going to have to spend money.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to see you give up the quality of the best network and support over a lost phone Ginazmck! We value your business. We definitely have options available at a lower cost than the early termination fee. Please be aware the carrier offer you are referencing requires an equipment trade in and it varies by device. Do you have any alternate upgrades available on your other lines?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ginazmck

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your email. I am going to see if I can purchase a used

iphone from a verizon owner today. If that doesn't pan out, I will contact

you to see what my options are.

thank you

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted Ginazmck. I truly hope it works out, but let us know if you need further assistance. We're always here for you.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes