Re: Long time customer
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Then it sound like you are eligible for any available promotions that you are willing to meet the criteria to redeem.

There is no rule that says you can only purchase a device from Verizon. There are websites like Swappa.com where you can buy a phone from a private seller. You just don't receive the benefits of warranty.

Mchester714
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think the original question has to do with service price, not new devices to buy. I think Verizon should offer long time customers the prices for service they give to lure new customers or match a competing company’s price.  My 2 year contract is up and I am shopping around.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is a generally good idea. Find the carrier with the best coverage along with a plan that works best cost-wise and jump in.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

ALL customers are eligible for ALL promotions as long as they're willing to meet the promotion's requirements.

There are no promotions specifically for new customers and there are no pricing plans specifically for new customers.

If you see them, please link them here. ONLY ones that say they are for NEW customers ONLY.

allenjd21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been waiting a year on a promotion geared to long term customers (I've been with Verizon 20 years) who don't need unlimited or at least apply my corporate discount on the unlimited plans. every time I call I'm told new promotion are coming.  They do but always about new customers.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Please read my comment from 5 months ago.

Nothing has changed.

Just because a promotion isn't what you want, doesn't mean that you're not eligible for it.

0 Likes
allenjd21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand I can choose any plan they are currently offering.  What I should have said I don't need unlimited data.  However, I do need to adjust my data amount.  I cant do that without the cost of my plan going up tremendously.  There seems to be two choices bar minimum data or unlimited. Example being the  shared Large plan only has 8gigs.  There aren't in mid level data plans that are reasonably priced.  Therefore it doesn't make me a long term customer feel included in the customer base they are clearly marketing to.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allenjd21, our long term customers like you do mean the world to us. I am sorry to hear that you have not yet found the right promotion for your needs. We have had opportunities for additional data through promotions as well as through the Verizon Up Rewards. With the Verizon Up Rewards, we do frequently offer free data rewards that may be used on your account. Learn more about the rewards at http://spr.ly/6584DUBMI. As our plans do change with the market, simply watch for changes to rates or availability at http://spr.ly/6585DUBML;

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have a 5GB plan. With all of the carriers going to "Unlimited", it is not likely there will be any more plan choices. When Verizon switched from the old unlimited plan, there were TONS of choices. People were confused and it was a MESS.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

allenjd21 wrote:

I understand I can choose any plan they are currently offering. What I should have said I don't need unlimited data. However, I do need to adjust my data amount. I cant do that without the cost of my plan going up tremendously. There seems to be two choices bar minimum data or unlimited. Example being the shared Large plan only has 8gigs. There aren't in mid level data plans that are reasonably priced. Therefore it doesn't make me a long term customer feel included in the customer base they are clearly marketing to.

They actually did have plans larger than 8 GB but have since ended then as of July 1st. You could have gotten $16 GB for $20 more than 8 GB. Less if you had a discount. Good luck finding anything different with any other carrier. T-Mobile is exclusively unlimited plans.

0 Likes