Leaving Verizon
bignames
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with you for a long time, 15 years.. but sadly when you removed my employee discount and ,my bill with tax shot up to $165 per month for one smart phone and one dumb phone, It started me looking..

Yes I have unlimited data.. and its nice but I rarely go over 4 GIG, and your New plans cannot accommodate a single smart phone any where near $70 a month.

I even have Fios at home and combined my bills for a 15$ savings  but my bill would still be over $115 per month for my plan with one smart phone.

I tested in Jan T-Mobile service on the North shore of Long Island. hills, trees etc...

With the windows phone I bought for $70. NEW.   loved the phone , reception was great,  rivaled yours,  and in small areas where you dropped data they kept going. Hmmm

SO $55 per month OR $130 per month.. its a phone not real estate.. its almost $1000 per year savings,   that could be a vacation, and bring my phone AND use it,  without being slammed with international data and roaming fees like if I stayed with you. and the phone sub... don't need it Ebay is my phone store.

While T -Mo may not be good everywhere, IN the Metro NY area it Is a VERY viable and cheaper option for all of us who live here.

So  Friday I switch to a Dumb phone to finish the final three months of my contract. I will be free,  you had your chance last night when I called, but the rates are too damn high for one smart phone with 3 gigs of data.

Maybe in the future you will revaluate your pricing structure for single lines.

Labels (1)
Re: Leaving Verizon
rcschnoor
Legend

How much would be "anywhere near $70" for a single line smartphone with 3 GB of data???

Verizon currently has a single line plan with 2 GB of data for $75/month. If you have an overage of 1 GB to bring your usage to 3 GB of data, then your bill would be $90/month. This is $40/month less than the $130/month you have indicated.Smiley Happy