Leaving Verizon
seachild777

I will be leaving Verizon Wireless as soon as I can afford to pay the cancellation fee. I switched to Verizon almost three years ago. Went through three nightmare DroidX phones, thought I had found a good phone with the HTC DNA, and found it even worse. The phone stops recognizing the SIM card multiple times each day, requiring a reboot every time. I tried a factory reset, ran all the available updates and worked with the local store to reseat the card, all without success. I used Verizon's online customer service and received a replacement phone. The replacement phone will not recognize its location when all location services are on. I have researched this phone extensively, and these two problems are endemic with this model phone. Neither Verizon nor HTC will acknowledge this.

Verizon did agree to give me a phone one generation less advanced than mine (a Samsung Galaxy S3). This phone arrived today without a battery, a back or a charger. When I contacted Verizon's online customer service again, I was informed that they had no parts available and I should purchase the parts myself, at my expense and then they would credit me on my bill. I asked if they would agree to cancel my contract without cancellation fees and the representative refused. So, I agreed to receive another HTC DNA, which I suspect will also not work.

As soon as my finances allow, I will be cancelling my contract regardless.

Verizon has become just like all the other big companies -- uncaring about its customers, and uninterested in delivering quality products and services. If I wanted to be treated like this, I could have stayed with AT&T. At least I expected poor service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Leaving Verizon
Not applicable

Personally I would leave anyway. Afford it or not. To send you a phone that was missing the battery, the back and the charger is absolutely ridiculous.

You cannot even use the device without the needed parts. Totally unacceptable by anyones standards.

Just leave and fight them in court. File a small claims case against them. File an additional complaint here.

http://www.bbb.org

Good Luck

0 Likes
foghorn5248

seachild777,

I feel your pain. I too joined Verizon after leaving At & t because I was told Verizon was better. From day one it has been a bad choice. Absolutely, and I mean absolutely ZERO customer service. On countless issues and trips to the stores and on the phone, Verizon takes the stance of that's just the way it is. I so cannot wait for my contract to expire. I am considering paying the $350 cancellation fee before giving them anymore of my money. In an age where customers are hard to come by, I cannot believe they are this arrogant. And that's what it is. ARROGANCE. I strongly advise anyone reading this post to look for another carrier. All my troubles started with the iphone I bought. From the beginning it would not hold a charge. Having to charge it 3 times a day. To this day, Verizon says there is nothing they can do unless I send it in for them to evaluate. Who can do that? My phone is my business phone!! They cannot guarantee how long it will take. I asked to upgrade to a new phone and I was told I cannot because I am not eligible. Excuse me? I pay your silly asses $137.00 a month. And i'm not eligible? What a joke of a company. I asked to speak to the top of the food chain and they told me that was not possible.

0 Likes
Homefry1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to leave Verizon.  What are the other choices.  I do not like AT&T.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Just use a landline.