Last several months 4G data speeds are VERY SLOW- No longer reliable. What's up?
89Beek

I've been tracking download speeds in my area between work and home. The phone shows 5 bars of 4G coverage however the reliability over the last few months has deteriorated considerably.  Downloads of 2000+ KB/s were the norm 6 months ago, now it's more like 300-400 consistently in the same area. If this doesn't improve soon I'll be trying another service provider.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Last several months 4G data speeds are VERY SLOW- No longer reliable. What's up?
89Beek

Found this link... 4G LTE Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Verizon Wireless

The claim of ..."Average network-to-device speeds, or downloads, will range from 5 to 12 Mbps."

I've have a 4G phone and used in 4G coverage areas since they were first introduced. I've never experienced speeds nearly this fast at anytime, anywhere. The best I've seen was still less than 3 Mbps

0 Likes
Re: Last several months 4G data speeds are VERY SLOW- No longer reliable. What's up?
89Beek

Do Verizon reps attempt to answer questions on here or only the easy ones that don't result in an unfavorable answer?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is primarily a peer-to-peer discussion board, Verizon customers helping other customers.  Reps do pop in and answer questions now and then.  I'm not sure what your question is - yes, it's a fact that speeds are not always what the specs say they are - many factors enter into the speed you see on the phone - and you stated that you will trying another provider if speed doesn't improve.   A rep is not going to change those facts.  What is your question?

89Beek

Thanks for the reply. I'll stop by a local Verizon corporate store and see if they have anyone who can answer the question as well. It's not clear from the contact portion of the website how or where to send an email for direct service to a network problem.  Let me rephrase....   Why is it that that downloads of 2000+ KB/s were the norm 6 months ago and now it's more like 300-400 consistently in the same areas?  Is anyone else experiencing this as well?   It just seems like in my area in and around Cincinnati the download speeds and reliability of the 4G network has deteriorated over time.

0 Likes