LIVE CHAT
wynnbeez
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does Verizon not offer Live Chat? If so, where do you find the link? I know it is  not under "CONTACT US" because I tried that and all it give is a telephone number. "CONTACT US" does give EMAIL or LIVE CHAT support options. Verizon, you need to enter the 21st century and make LIVE CHAT available to your customers. Calling on the phone is inconvenient, time consuming, and downright annoying.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LIVE CHAT
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi wynnbeez,

Thanks to the community for your replies.

Our Chat Team is available from 9am-7pm Central Standard Time. When a Chat representative is available, you will be able to chat with one of the representatives by following these steps from http://www.verizonwireless,com :

-Click "Contact Us" from the home screen

-In the "Get In Touch" section, click on "View More"

-On the left hand side of the page, you will see "Send an Email." In this area, if a Chat representative is available, you will see the option to chat with them. If this is the case, just click on that option. 

I hope this information is helpful for you. Thanks and have a good day!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Chat is offered under Contact Us when it is available.

Follow all the links to get to Send Email. (3pages you need to go through) If chat is open, there will be a box for chat next to the Send Email box on the third page.

Other option, although I do not know if they can help is to go to www.verizonwireless.com and peruse the phones and accessories. After a few minutes a chat box option will appear.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi wynnbeez,

As budone mentioned our Chat Team has limited availability but I would be happy to address any concerns that you have.  Additionally, you can also reach out to our Social Media Team @VZWSupport via Twitter for assistance. I hope this information is helpful and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Your presence in our community forums is appreciated,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi wynnbeez,

Thanks to the community for your replies.

Our Chat Team is available from 9am-7pm Central Standard Time. When a Chat representative is available, you will be able to chat with one of the representatives by following these steps from http://www.verizonwireless,com :

-Click "Contact Us" from the home screen

-In the "Get In Touch" section, click on "View More"

-On the left hand side of the page, you will see "Send an Email." In this area, if a Chat representative is available, you will see the option to chat with them. If this is the case, just click on that option. 

I hope this information is helpful for you. Thanks and have a good day!

Christina B

VZW Support

0 Likes
Bryon44
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's really sad that such a HUGE company, only has chat support available after clicking thru FOUR pages... and it may or may not even be there because they're "very limited" between 9am and 7pm.

Seriously, with the amount of money VZW has in net profit, spring for the additional handful of overseas chat support representatives.

Everyone here has tried to get support from VZW in one way or another and realize that it's very difficult to get in touch with support, and when you do, it's a crap-shoot if the rep can even begin to help you once you deviate from the laminated card.

ChadEscobedo

does live chat not work when you are in Spain?? the support section of the website is unable to even load i cant access anything. I am trying to find help for how I can replace my lost iPhone 4s, without having to pay retail. i would be interested in adding a line to my account, would that be the best option if i do not have an upgrade available?

0 Likes
losvaldez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have looked for the online chat as directed above and have yet to see the CHAT option.  I did have one pop up for sales but that is it.  That chat option is for help placing an order not so much as general questions or tech support.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It is there, just not alot. Call center employees help with chat, when they can which is not often. And with three centers closing, unless they commit someone to it, I suspect we will see less of it.

0 Likes
EllaP
Enthusiast - Level 2

budone wrote:

It is there, just not alot. Call center employees help with chat, when they can which is not often. And with three centers closing, unless they commit someone to it, I suspect we will see less of it.

This is disturbing.  We have 3 iphones on our acct.  The reason we stayed with Verizon instead of switching to AT&T before purchasing them was because of the customer service support.  Sounds like soon there will be no incentive to stay with Verizon.

budone
Legend

I diagree. All I am saying is the closing may affect whatittle chst there is.

Many of the jobs will be added to the other call centers.

In the years I was with Alltel/VZW, I have called Cs teice and tech support twice.

0 Likes