LG Versa - IMAP Mobile Email setup
schardon

I'm trying to configure my mobile email settings.   My company allows an external IMAP connection option to get my Outlook/Exchange email.  We connect with an IMAP  connection via SSL.

However, there is no Port required.  the mobile email application seems to require a port number for the incoming and outgoing mail. 

How do I get around that, or what character do I enter to indicate, no port required?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Versa - IMAP Mobile Email setup
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

Try port 585 or 993, this appears to be standard for IMAP as per this site, but i am not sure which one would work for you:

http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/tips/mail-servers.html

0 Likes
schardon

Thanks but that is actually the opposite of my problem.   The configuration screen appears to require a PORT be filled out.   My IT guys indicate that there is no port required.   We apparently take care of the port with via DNS routing once the mail traffic reaches our company.

So the question remains.  How can I tell the application on my phone to NOT require a port during configuration?

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

Apparently the program requires you to put the port in; tried deleting the port and setting it to zero, and it refuses to accept that. You might have to use that remosync $10/month though UGH.

I am just curious if you at least tried it with the ports?

0 Likes
schardon

Yes, I tried it with the ports that default when you pick IMAP and SSL.   The result is an error message that says the phone cannot find the server. 

I know the server name is correct.  I can use the same address in a browser and get right into the application, just not through Mobile Email.

Steve

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

I think it is not going to happen with that app.... Obviously LOL. You might need a different app like that other mobile email app or even remosync to accomplish what you want unfortunately, which really blows b/c who wants to pay some $10/month SUBSCRIPTION FEE

I know I had very little success trying to sync our exchange server to that app. It said the same thing

UGH

eek2.gif

0 Likes