Re: LG G5 now jumping ahead 4 hours
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is possible it occurs in between the two zip codes. I'm driving home each time it happens. The time is correct before I leave work and after I turned off and on the automatic date and time setting. It doesn't change when I drive to work going past the same locations. I have two routes I usually take going to and from work. It has happened on both routes. I have likely updated my applications almost every day or other day whenever my phone notifies there are updates available. The only variable is the same each time I experienced this was I was streaming live audio from an application powered with Tune-In. I have done the same thing going to work, but not since this started happening. I will have to try it one morning soon.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The time change occurred this morning while I was driving through 68008. I was streaming from the same application as before. The odd thing is the time corrected itself by the time I got to work. When I left home the clock was 7:25 am. At 68008 it was around 12:50 pm with Android Auto keeping the screen on and at work it went back to 8:28 am at my desk which matched the work computer clock. As I generally try to not look my phone during driving, it is difficult to pin down when the time actually changes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’re helping us narrow things down, Ann154. I’m sorry for the delay in replying to you. We’re not giving up on this. The next step would be to uninstall the app that you’ve used to stream with, power your phone off for a minute, power it back on, and reinstall the app. Pay close attention to the permissions the app needs, especially any that have to do with the date and time on your phone. Please keep us posted.

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I haven't tried those steps, I did possibly narrow down a few things. I purposely didn't use the streaming app a couple of days, but still allowed the phone to open Android Auto when it was connected to my car's Bluetooth. I tried this with the phone plugged in to charge and when it wasn't plugged in. The time change occurred both with Android Auto running and the streaming app not. Then I purposely didn't run either Android Auto or the streaming app. The phone wasn't plugged in either. In briefly checking the time on the phone during the drive, I literally saw the time change from 8 pm to 2 am and back after I went into the settings to toggle the automatic date setting. With that experiment, I don't think it was any of the applications running during the first instances. I will uninstall both applications and third one that powers the streaming of the one app and see what happens on the next drive.

It definitely occurs in the area covered by the 68008 zip code.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I uninstalled the three application initially suspected, I haven't reinstalled them yet. Last night I arrived home to see the phone had changed the time again by five hours. I did notice that five hours puts it at Greenwich Time.

Since those applications weren't installed, it is back to the drawing board.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, thank you for continuing to work with us on the issues with the incorrect time. There were not any alerts for the zip code provided, so we will need to work on this further. The next step will be to put the phone in Safe Mode as shown on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207813/. Please let us know if the time changes while the phone is in Safe Mode and we can proceed from there.

David_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are appreciated, Ann154. I'm glad we've identified where the problem begins. Having the correct time on your device is imperative. We certainly want to help get this resolved. I will be sending you a Private Message shortly.

Chakia_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I will try the Safe Mode option. I did notice as I was reviewing my screenshots that this issue might have started shortly after I installed the September security updates from Google. I know I had the original suspect applications installed on the phone prior to that security update.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

I will try the Safe Mode option. I did notice as I was reviewing my screenshots that this issue might have started shortly after I installed the September security updates from Google. I know I had the original suspect applications installed on the phone prior to that security update.

It occurred while the phone was in Safe Mode. Again it occurred in 68008 zip code. One thing that might because of the time change or is triggering it is I have daily reminders setup through the Google app. Those are also on the screen when I noticed the time difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, I appreciate you attempting to proceed with the troubleshooting step while in safe mode. How often does the time change on your device? Have you checked to make sure that your location services are enabled? Please click on the following link on how to check this here: http://spr.ly/6580D4Hkm. Another thing I would like for you to try is to completely remove your SIM card from its slot and place it back into the device. Please click on the following link for instructions on how to do this here and provide me with your results: http://spr.ly/6581D4HkW

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes