Re: LG G5 now jumping ahead 4 hours
Michsam23
Enthusiast - Level 3

One more thing to note: you said "I did check on the zip code provided and don't see any service or time-zone issues that exist." My house happens to be on the border of a few zipcodes (literally the edge of town). I wonder if there are any issues for the zipcodes next door.... 07642, 07675, and 07677, all of which are about a block or two away from my home.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

alans_vzw

I don't think this is model specific issue unless it is an error within the core Android OS. The OP of this thread had a LG G5, I have a Pixel 1, and Michsam23 has a Samsung Galaxy S7. As there are multiple models experiencing a similar issue, the problem is either a network one or a core Android OS bug. Please reconsider your strategy for this problem.

For the record, I'm technically still having the same problem with the same location. I just don't see it every day because I disabled a setting on my phone to NOT pull the time from the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
justinb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Michsam23, thanks for attempting the additional steps as well as providing the additional information. Let's continue to work to get to the bottom of this. I don't see any of those zip codes being affected by any time related issues. I understand not wanting to reset setting is something you are currently not try to do. At this time that is the next best step to getting to the bottom of this issue. When resetting your settings it does not erase everything in your phone but it does reset any system settings. Once you have reset your settings let me know what happens.

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Michsam23
Enthusiast - Level 3

justin_vzw - I understand exactly what resetting my settings does, and I do not want to reset those. I have everything set up exactly as desired, and I have not changed any of those settings recently that one of them might cause the issue. As previously mentioned, there's multiple phone models all having the exact same issue, so its not device specific. It's either a Verizon issue, or a core Android OS issue, which resetting the settings on my device would not fix.

0 Likes
davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

The suddenness of this starting in the last month leads us
to recommend an  additional maintenance step
called a Wipe Cache Partition.

Wiping the cache partition does not  impact your settings and it does not delete
your personal data.

Here’s how:

Turn off the device.

Press & hold the Volume Up key, the Home key, & the Power key at the
same time.

The phone powers on, and the Android System Recovery screen appears 30 seconds
later.

When this appears, release all of the keys.

Tap the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."

Press the Power key to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” & press the Power key to
select.

When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

Let us know if the trouble continues or not.

DavidH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the
_Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from
our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Michsam23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wiped the cache partition yesterday as recommended. However, after leaving my phone on auto-timezone all day while at home, the issue just occurred once again less than 5 min ago - so clearly this hasn't resolved the issue.

0 Likes
Michsam23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Btw Verizon Customer Support ppl- have any of you looked into the possibility that the issue happening in the below thread from 2015 is the same problem we are having today? It seems very likely....

To quote one of the customers having the same exact issue: "To anyone experiencing this issue:  Nothing done on my side with my phone had any effect.  They now say it was a problem with the network or the cell sites and they had to make changes on their side."

Droid Turbo switching time by hours randomly

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to continue with us, Michsam23. We would like to look further into the issue at hand. We have sent you a Private Message. Please respond to us there.

JavierMD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Michsam23, I know how important it is for your device to display the time correctly, especially if you rely on it as an alarm. Please try disconnecting from your Wi-Fi if it is enabled, restarting your device (make sure Wi-Fi is still disabled), update the correct time in the settings, and then see if the issue persists. Please keep us updated.

EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
Michsam23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Erica and Javier,

As I responded to the private message, I am not available to do any sort of phone call, seeing as how its the middle of the holiday season and so Im traveling, and besides my job keeps me away from home (where the issue occurs) during your business hours.

I also don't know what this WiFi step has to do with anything. I've restarted my phone numerous times since first posting here, wiped the cache partition, turned wifi on and off as needed (I never leave it on when its not needed), connected to other wifi networks, and have been flipping the automatic time zone on and off for the last 2 weeks constantly while setting the right time and timezone to see if that changed anything. Nothing that I am doing on my end is resolving the issue.