LG Env3 - What resolution do video files have to be in?
AnthonyIac
I've downloaded two .mp4 files. One where the video and audio were out of sync and one where the resolution was too large and it wouldn't even play it. It wasn't a large file either, it was like 5mb. But if it needs to be a certain resolution, then I'll convert the file into a smaller one. Also, what resolution do pictures in your contact list need to be? These are things I think people would need to know. I can resize images on my PC to accommodate my phone. I just need to know what size that would be. Same goes for .mp4 or .wmv files. Thanks.
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: LG Env3 - What resolution do video files have to be in?
brick66

I asked Verizon and 1 rep would not help at all and the other did not know.

I moved a video recorded on the phone to the memory card and then to my pc and looked at its properties

It was taken as a .3g2 file.  The helpful rep said that the env3 supports .3g2 .3gp .mp4 and .wmv files

It has a resolution of 176x144 and 15.16 FPS and format is listed as Apple MPEG4 decompressor, 176x144,Millions,Qualcom QCELP,Mono,8kHZ

Could a technical person from Verizon or LG please supply the details of what video resolutions will work on the LG env3 here?

0 Likes
brick66

"it plays 320-by-240-pixel MP4-format video files clearly and smoothly"  from review on

http://www.smartdevicecentral.com/article/LG+enV3+VX9200+Verizon+Wireless/241735_1.aspx     

They seemed to have found this by using rhapsody if I read their review correctly.

0 Likes
brick66

I have used the freeware program handbrake to rip a dvd to the phone in 320x240 but I get no sound.  Then I recorded a video on the phone directly and played it back and this video recording had no sound either.  Does the sound work with videos on the env3?

0 Likes
AnthonyIac
Thanks for the answers people. I'll have to try to use ATi's Avivo video converter when I get a chance. Yeah sound should work. I had originally played a video file that I downloaded off of Revision3 in whatever native format. I think it was a small file of a .mp4 and the video seemed okay but the audio was out of sync. So that was rather annoying. But yeah you should be able to hear the videos you're playing.
0 Likes
BUGGOFF
I'm having the same problem with video sound - None!  They play fine on my PC.  The funny thing is - it worked when I first tried it but hasn't worked since.  No problems with sound on videos taken by the phone - only the ones that are imported.  I use DVDFab5 to rip into 3GP format.  Is there a software issue on the phone and I need to download an update?  I haven't found anything about it in the forums here.
Message Edited by BUGGOFF on 08-07-2009 05:31 AM
0 Likes
BUGGOFF
...OK, I figured it out...you need to use the volume controls on the side of the phone...stick your finger in between the screen and the side of the phone when the screen is open.  I had tried that from the otherside (back side of screen) but the volume buttons are blocked from there.
0 Likes
farmerted

My video is playing back normally but I noticed there is no resume playback feature like on the music playback.  If you close the flip in the middle of a video you have to start all over again.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanx.

0 Likes