Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!
LillianneT

I got my phone in august and the next day the daily scoop kept poping up and other problems started to occur. i brought it back to the store and they tried to get it "fixed" but it didnt work, so i waited a while to see if the subscription would end, but it end. I called after a month of waiting and they did all these things like reprograming my phone, that obviously did not work.. i got kind of mad but it was still okay. After talking to the customer services about three times, they decided to send me a new one to see if their "new" version would help.. but the same problems kept coming up. I called back  a week later another three times about the SAME EXACT PROBLEMS!! i talked to the technical support people and they told me to do ALL the same exact things that i did the first time. Later, they too decided to send me a new one with a "new" verison. I am currently on my 3RD phone and i am VERY VERY disappointed about it. THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM IS STILL HAPPENING! I already called customer services once and i am obviously truely **bleep** OFF about this phone. I just feel like not even paying my bills until they do something about it, to me there is no point in paying my portion of the bill, when i am not even happy with my phone or their service. I am thinking about changing plans to T-mobile because i hear that they have the SAME or even better deals with better prices.  i like this phone yes, but the problems with it.... its driving me CRAZY! 

To anyone out there... read about this phone before getting it.. Even if it is FOR FREE! 

0 Likes
phillipdhall

Just adding my HELLO VERIZON?!?

I got Daily Scoop messages turned off, but the phone still lights up throughout the day to display the Get-it-now page.

Today I started receiving randomly firing AUDIBLE advertisements for Mobile Email. This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!!! My phone is not a billboard! Turn it off!

Some of us don't have and don't want to spend money for data on our phones. Data is blocked, and will continue to be. This tactic to force all of us into data charges is not being taken lightly!

0 Likes
phillipdhall

And you have a buggy web app. This is the second thread I posted in, both times pushed "Post" only once, and a double post appears. Using IE 9.0.8112....

0 Likes
phillipdhall

And the link located here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp to email Support is broken. Tried IE and Firefox.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks to the community for posting. 

@LillianneT  I definitely sense your frustration.  In order to resolve your issue please PM me your name and mobile telephone number so I can research your account and what options we have for you. Thanks.

0 Likes
stein559
I tried this from the original poster and gave it some time to see if it would actually get rid of the audio messages. I haven't noticed any so far after doing this. "However, in playing with the phone today, I clicked the blue box with 4 dots, I am not sure if that is the menu or what. Anyway, in there I clicked 'Messaging", scroll down to "Settings", then scroll to "Multimedia Auto Receive". I then turned that 'off' as it was on." I still think the haptive (touch feedback) vibration is being engaged on its own when the phone lights up to do whatever its doing but I'm not sure since it happens when im asleep.
0 Likes
lingham13

I am having the same nproblem with Daily Scoop. On top of that, my phone was sending "Quick Texts" without me doing anything. At first I eas told that that was not possible but it continued to happen. Finally when I was sitting next to my girl friend, she received a quick text frfom me. The phone was in my pocket in a leather case. Verizon replacded the phone but not the battery with the explanation that it had a virus. After trying all of the above and having an email sent I still can't get rid of "Daily Scoop". My battery now only lasts about 8 hours. I have to bring both chargers with me whmonths old? I am VERY disapointed with Verizon and am considering a switch. ere ever I go. Why should I have to replace a battery that is only 5 months old. I am very disapointed with Verizon and am considering a switch.

0 Likes
momkat

I have been reading all the issues regarding the Daily Scoop app pre-loaded on the LG Cosmos Touch. I am having the same issues. I checked the properties on the app and found the developers. I sent them an email asking for a solution. As soon as I hear from them I'll post my results. If you would like to contact them also here is their info:

Mobile Posse, Inc.

Call or email directly to:

{edited for privacy}

It's possible that together as a large group...w

0 Likes
momkat

Here is the Daily Scoops creator: Mobile Posse, Inc. Hope this helps. I have emailed them looking for answers on removing this annoying battery sucking app.

Contact us for more information.

Call or email directly to:

i{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Lostielove

Just got my phone yesterday... I am already annoyed. Please, Verizon and LG fix this problem. We are all paying you. Satisfy us! We are the customers. Everyone knows that customer service and satisfaction comes first. WE ARE NOT SATISFIED!!! This issue has been going on for a YEAR and it hasn't been totally resolved?! What a joke. I have had 3 LG phones and 2 Verizon. I have always loved them. But this time I am not happy. I love the phone, don't get me wrong. But all of the stupid Daily Scoop, battery drainage, and data mumbo jumbo is absolutely ridiculous!

0 Likes