Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!
glitter

I had to laugh out loud when I read this string. I went through the same thing last week & the people at Verizon customer service had no idea what I was talking about. They figured it was a bad phone. They sent me a new one. The same thing is happening of course, so I went searching on line today and found this thread.

What made me laugh - last night I turned on the old phone (the one that they replaced last week. I hadn't sent it back yet). Now keep in mind that the old phone no longer has service to it. I only turned it on to get some of the notes & calendar stuff out of it. It is still trying to push through the "daily scoop" to it. There's no service to the phone. Just to check, I tried making a call & there is definitely NO service. Its funny because with no service, I got 10 messages in about 30 min from Verizon Media and it kept trying to do the Daily Scoop.

My point to all of this: I read that I need to call customer service to turn on the data, do the stuff, then turn the data back off. I called, they had no idea what I was talking about. I tried explaining. Absolutely positively worthless. So can someone please tell me the best number to call to turn the data on so I can complete this & turn it back off? Also, will I be charged for the data since this is clearly not my fault?

I used to love Verizon and was a diehard advocate. After the poor customer service I have received in the last 2 months, its sad to admit, but they are now by far the worst I have seen in customer service.

0 Likes
J77

Hello!  I was the OP of this one.  It is amazing how many people are having this problem yet most reps at Verizon say they have never heard of this.  I can not belive that has only been a handfull of people calling in by all the questions I found while Googling.  In searching for an answer, I have found many, many message boards on several cell phone sites, lg, Verizon just to name a few.  Messages back from November, yet no one knows about this??  I called the generic customer service number and then talked to tech support.  I got lucky and got a person that listened and actually looked into the problem. 

I would call the regular customer service number and ask for tech support.  Then, tell them the problem and hope they have heard of it.  If not, I would tell them that you need to have the data turned on so you can disable and remove the Daily Scoop that was preinstalled on your phone.  Then, she had me download the application and once it was downloaded, I had to hit #669 while the Daily Scoop was on.  Then, the lady I talked to e-mailed the daily scoop support (e-mail that was mentioned in a previous message)  because I didn't want to send my account information over e-mail.  That is how we left it at that time (with data on).  Then, the next day about 24 hours later, she called back to see if the messages stopped.  Most all did.  I had her put blocks on my phone for app download, mobile web, premium messaging, etc.  All except for text, picture, and sound messages - I don't want any more surprises from Verizon.  Then she said she would make sure that any data that had been used in this process would be credited to my account so I would not have to pay for what I didn't ask for in the first place.  You should not have to pay at all for the data you use in removing Daily Scoop - you don't have a choice to get rid of it.  You should then get an e-mail within a day or two that you have new Verizon account information.  Then when you log into your account, you should see that there is some document that you were credited the charges.   I did this last week and didn't want to write a follow-up until I know that I had made some progress.

So, after all this, I have still been getting Media Center messages for downloading ringtones, vzNavigator, etc.  I don't want all that.  Irritating we can't just access what we want - the phone does it on it's own.  Even with the blocks, I am tired of getting all the messages - it can drain the battery with the phone lit up.  I called again and the rep had me try a few things that unfortunately didn't work.  However, in playing with the phone today, I clicked the blue box with 4 dots, I am not sure if that is the menu or what.  Anyway, in there I clicked 'Messaging", scroll down to "Settings", then scroll to "Multimedia Auto Receive".  I then turned that 'off' as it was on.  I am hoping that this helps with all the other Media Center messages I am getting.  I did get one this morning on an Easter Survey after shutting messaging off.  The only place that I got survey messages from was Daily Scoop before, so I hope this isn't going to be a problem again!  

I talked to a tech rep after receiving the latest Easter message.  She offered a new phone, but that doesn't seem to be the answer after reading several posts.  She then said an option was to open a problem ticket with the engineering department if I wanted.  That should help more people in the long run.  It would have to do more with the software and glitches on the phone that tech support can't fix.  Sounded more like Verizon and LG would have to work together to fix.  Perhaps even a software update to alleviate the problem?  We can only hope!

Well, I hope that some info in this post helps you and others get some answers that they have been seeking.  Good Luck!

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you all for your replies. We are aware of the issue affecting only the LG Cosmos Touch with the Daily Scoop messages. This has been brought up to LG as well. There was a post about how to resolve this issue previously but I will post it again. 

Daily Scoop can suspend the application remotely to end “New Media Messages”. For users who have disabled data features, you will need to have them temporarily enabled to initiate a check-in. 

Per Daily Scoop, the instructions are as follows:

-Remove any data blocks

-Go into the Daily Scoop application and press next. It will download content.

-E-mail us at vzdailyscoopsupport@mobileposse.com to let us know it is on and you have downloaded content, and we will suspend it. 

-Once it is suspended, then you can turn the data feature off (the next day), and you will not receive alerts anymore. 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
StevieTxGal

I did what you suggested and thank you I hope this helps.  Hopefully the tech folks at Verizon take note of solutions submitted by customers.  A haunted phone is no fun!

0 Likes
Sea34

I have the exact same problem on my phone and my husbands new LG Cosmos Touch.

I have gone through all the solutions mentioned here. I have had online support do the same. I went into the Verizon store and the went through every suggestion, turning on data, turning off this and that, etc.

I still get constant notices that I have a Media message. The first time you touch the "wrong" part of the screen it starts a more active campaign of "do you want to sign up for" this online offer.

I am ready to send these phones back.

Please help- this is my first negative experience with Verizon and I would like to resolve it.

0 Likes
DodgeRules

I have gone through the process listed in this thread.  When emailing the address listed for Mobile Posse, all they do is either read it and not do anything including respond, or they just delete the email without reading it.  And yes, I have the return receipts to prove it.  I am still getting the message, but it is down to once a day.  I should not be getting it AT ALL!

If Mobile Posse doesn't start responding, I am very close to publishing their full names and email addresses to every blog I can find until they do respond.  And 2 of the people on the list are the top 2 executives in the company.  (These 2 at least read the emails although I still get no response from them.)

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your responses. Sea34, I know it can be frustrating receiving unwanted messages. We are aware of this issue. Please make sure before going through the following steps that the mobile number you are performing this on does not have any data blocks.

1) Launch Daily Scoop

2) Select Menu, then Options, Verizon Messages

3) Choose OFF and SAVE

4) Repeat the same steps for Menu, Options, Bonus Messages

0 Likes
Roger8

I do not have that step yet. It is trying to install daily scoop apps. most of the time and it is eating the battery life. I have to charge everyday without using any calls yet. Try to remove and it won't go away. How do i remove completely? Very annoying and stupid verizon apps. If it personal phone then i will move to different carrier if all verizon phones have that stupid (daily scoop)

DaisyP_VZW wrote:

Thank you all for your responses. Sea34, I know it can be frustrating receiving unwanted messages. We are aware of this issue. Please make sure before going through the following steps that the mobile number you are performing this on does not have any data blocks.

1) Launch Daily Scoop

2) Select Menu, then Options, Verizon Messages

3) Choose OFF and SAVE

4) Repeat the same steps for Menu, Options, Bonus Messages

apps. pre-installed.

0 Likes
Calamus

It is clear many of us want to have this application completely removed. Are you still looking for a solution? It seems it wouldn't take years to do this. Please respond... and help us enjoy our phones and service again. I want Daily Scoop removed from my phone, please! If that's not possible, then at least have it completely disabled such that it doesn't try to connect and turn the phone on.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter.

0 Likes
jbgryphon

It is clear that the phone tech support personnel are not aware of this issue.  I just called and was told that all I had to do was remove the application from my phone to end this problem.  When I pointed out to the technician that the app was still shown on my phone, she told me that it was just in case I wanted to reinstall it.   I'm going to wait 24 hours and then see if it really goes away. 
0 Likes